Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-Two:

                “Hey” he greets with that carefree smile on his face.

                “Why are you smiling? Do you have any idea what’s going on in there?” I demand. I didn’t give him to answer. “Of course you know what’s going on in there. You planned this, didn’t you?”

                Kale stare at me confused.

                “Didn’t you!” I shouted, my voice ringing in my ear. I never shouted in my entire life.

                Kale stood there, blinking at me.

                “Stop” I murmured. “Stop looking so damn innocent like you don’t know!”

                “Know what?” he asks his smile no longer there and for some reason that bothers me.

                “Why aren’t you smiling? You were supposed to smile and say ‘Yes, Macy, I planned this. I’m the reason Darren is breaking up with Casey because I’m still in love with her’. You were supposed to say that so say it! Go on, tell me you used me! Just say it!”

                The tears leaked down my face the moment I said love. I couldn’t stop it now, years of tears that built up and now, now I’m push pass my limits that I have to let it all go. Just let it go.

                Kale’s arms wrap around me, his smell surrounding me. “Casey, what did she say to you?”

                He’s blaming Casey? Why?

                “She said she loves you” I whispered lightly, my throat constricted. I push myself away from him and out of his reach. “She loves you and she needs you more than ever.”

                Kale stood there, stone to the floor as everything I said sank in.

                “She’s not breaking up with Darren because of me, is she?” Kale asks slowly.

                I wrap my arms around myself. Despite the pain inside my chest, I smiled genuinely at him. “She is, Kale. She loves you still and you love her.”

                Kale looks stricken. “What did you say?”

                I swallow. “You love her.”

                “How would you know? Did I tell you I love her?” Kale asks, his voice rising.

                “No” I said, “but-“

                “But what? You think I’m stupid enough to go out with the one I love’s sister?”Kale demands. I didn’t answer him. “Well?”

                “Well what!” I countered. “You don’t think I don’t see the way you stare at her! I know you love her. I watch you freeze every time she’s near you. Every time she kisses Darren, that look in your eye. It appears whenever you stare at her.”

                “It’s because she looks like you!”

                “What?”

                “Casey looks like you” he repeats. “I see you every time I see her kissing another guy and it makes me think of you. I can’t get used to the fact that you have a twin and it make me lose my mind whenever I think about you kissing you another guy! I go mad with jealousy just watching Casey who’s like you, kiss another guy.”