Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-One:

                I manage to stop myself from crying. I did what girls do to stop crying which is take a long shower without any interruptions and pretended that I did not have any mental or emotional breakdown. I pretended that I did not cry. As far as I’m concerned, it did not happen. I don’t even remember it. I let out a loud sigh as I got into the shower. I stood under the rain of the water until I shampoo my hair.

I rinsed my hair, letting the water hit my head before tilting my head back. The water pelted against my face for about a minute before I reach out and turn it off. I twisted my hair, listening to the sounds of water hitting the tub echoing off.

                I grab the towel and wrap myself then step out. Slowly I dry myself off, leaving my hair to drip down my back and onto the floor, creating a small puddle. I’ll mop it up later I thought lazily as I grab my underwear.

                From downstairs I heard the door slam. Someone must be back I mused before clipping the bra strap and grabbing a shirt and slipping it over my head. No longer tired or even plan on taking a nap ever again, I slip a pair of jeans, planning to stay out tonight.

                A knock came on the door, making me stare at it.

                “What?” I asked.

                “Macy, Darren’s here” she paused for a minute. “And so is Kale.”

                I didn’t move. “Tell him I’m not here.”

                “So you are avoiding me” a new voice accused.

                “Casey, have you been taking steroids because I don’t remember your voice being that deep?” I said, smirking at the door with one hand on my hip. I could see Casey’s face all red and blushing. No doubt she’s going to be angry at me. I leaned my hip against the counter, examining my nails.

                “Macy, stop being childish and come out” Casey orders as she sighs. I heard her retreating away from the door and downstairs.

                “Kale?”

                “I’m still here” he said sounding closer to the door than before.

                “What are you doing?” I ask not bothering to hide my surprised and discomfort. I can’t believe he risk coming here knowing that Casey might see him. What the hell is he planning?

                “What? I can’t come to visit my girlfriend” he replies calmly and lightly.

                “Of course not and I’m not your girlfriend, we’ve been only on one date” I said.

                “True but we’ve kissed and I’ve seen you almost naked” Kale bluntly says.

                From downstairs, I heard Casey’s loud cough. “Naked!” she screeches enough for me and Kale is hear.

                I open the door and glared at him. “I hope you’re happy, now everyone knows we’ve almost done it.”

                “What!?” Casey screams, making me winced as I realized my mistake.

                Kale chuckles, “Nice going.”

                I shook my head, groaning. “Now I’m going to get it” I said aloud.