Chapter Eighteen

Robin didn’t wake me up. That was the first thought that came across my mind. I’m still asleep, it’s amazing. She didn’t send Frank up and she didn’t send herself up here. Heck, Casey isn’t even up here.

                At first, I was like, “hey, I can sleep in peace.” But I had this bad feeling that something eventful had happen today and I miss it. I roll over to look at the time, to see it was 9:23.

                Yep, school already started so that’s out. I sat up, surveying my room. It looks the same. I place my foot on the floor and stood, stretching. I walk to my door that was shut as it’s suppose to be but when I open it, I was shock to see Casey there, sitting on a chair, asleep.

                What is she? My guard-dog? I spend at least a minute staring at Casey then shaking my head and walk off. It wasn’t until I’m downstairs, rubbing my tired eyes that I stumbled back a bit.

                What happen to the living room?

                It was a mess; the couch was tore with stuffing coming out of it and some thrown on the floor. The pillows were toss around carelessly. The rug was cut up into little pieces and thrown around the room. The lamb was on but broken. Picture frames were busted; some pictures were taken out of the frame and tore up.

                Everything was torn up, nothing was spare. Absolutely nothing and it made me gaped at the sight.

                “Macy?” Casey grumbles as she descends the stairs. She yawns as she passes me to get to the kitchen.

                I point at the mess. “What the hell happen here? Did you have a party without me?”

                Casey hardly minded the mess, she shrugs. I follow her into the kitchen, rattling off theories. “Casey, answer me seriously” I began as Casey glances up at me. “Did you stage a chicken fight here?”   

                She rolls her eyes. “No, last night we had a break-in.”

                “A break-in?” I repeated. It made sense. “I’m not cleaning up that mess. By the way, where’s Robin?”

                “She left for work” Casey said, taking a drink of orange juice.

                I nodded. “Alright, so far so good. Another question, why didn’t Robin wake us up for school?”

                “Because we just had a break-in, she figures the motherly thing to do is let you stay home or so she read.”

                I laughed. For once, Robin not knowing how to raise a child pays off. I don’t have to go to school today. I can do anything I want to. It’s just what I need. “Hey, Casey” I began, grinning. “You have any plans for today?”

                “No” she said.

                “Oh good” I said. “I need your help with some stuff.”

                “Care to elaborate?” she asks.

                “No, I don’t care to” I answer, leaving the room. “You have 20 minutes to get ready.”

                I reach the top of the stairs to see pictures swaying back and forward. I can’t believe we got rob last night and I didn’t know. I didn’t even hear it. Maybe there’s something wrong with my hearing or I’m a heavy sleeper. I shrug, it doesn’t matter.