Chapter Twelve

“Macy!”

                The voice practically yelling in my ear. I wanted to push whoever it was away, so badly.

                “Macy! Wake up!”

                This is not how you wake up someone. Twice, my beauty sleep has been ruin. Twice! I really hate my life now.

                “Macy, come on!” the tone was much softer now, but had more urgency. Did something happen?

                Yes, you fell down, you complete klutz!

                My eyes shot open. “Damn that voice!” I curse at it in my mind. Next to me, someone sighed, relieve. I shook my head, clearing it and ignoring the voice.

                Next time, watch yourself, twinkle toes, the voice snicker at its own joke. Yeah, I don’t get it.

                Get lost, I shooed it away, using an imaginary fan. I hate that voice, it sounds it’s a know-it-all.

                Because I know-it-all! Duh! The voice replied.

                Will you get lost?

                Easier said than done since it’s empty in here!

                Where’s here? I wonder briefly where this voice was coming from.

                You’re stupid the voice said before disappearing. How rude!

                “How are you feeling?”

                I jump up, annoyed. “Will you go away?”

                Kale raises an eyebrow. “Do you mean me?”

                “No” I said, shaking my head. I thought that was the voice. “I was confused for a moment there”.

                Kale nodded. “You should, you roll pretty far”.

                I look around to see really huge trees. Everywhere were trees. For a second, my heart spiked up, feeling frighten. “They’re so tall” I said, in awe.

                Kale follows my look. “Yeah, I know. Come on”. He stood up and grabs my hand. He lifts me to my feet without much trouble. He gestured to the hill. “I would’ve carried you up but I wasn’t sure if I should move you.”

                “Was it that scary?”

                He sighed. “It was pretty life-changing. You were next to me for a second and then I see you disappearing into an oasis of trees. I thought I would never find you but you making a funny noise so that’s how I track you down”. He chuckled.

                I was making a funny noise? What? A groan wasn’t good enough. I sighed. My life just can’t get worse.

                “Shall we go? Maybe when we get to my house, I can look check you more thoroughly” he said before pausing. He looks at me. “I mean thoroughly in a healthy way, not a flirty way”.

                “Yeah, I got that” I comment dryly.

                Kale laughs. “Come on”.