Chapter Three

Here's chapter three. I'm updating them as i finish them so two chapters in one day. I'm proud of myself

After explaining my plan to Casey, she agrees. She really didn’t want Kale to be taken. I wonder why Kale had such a hold over her; they only dated for two years. It isn’t as long as she’s been with Darren. Casey and Kale dated back in sixth grade. I know, it’s a bit young but Robin couldn’t stop them. Kale’s family seems to not care as long as he didn’t knock up the girl. Robin made up lies to keep Casey from Kale. Nothing worked so Robin gave Kale and Casey condoms and said knock yourself out. I remember walking in on them kissing.

                I cover my eyes and said, “Casey, if you get pregnant, don’t tell me. Just abort the baby” and left. Of course I only said to scared Casey. I think it did.

                I like the new Casey, the one that’s with Darren. She has more freedom and easy to talk to. I see her more often, too. It’s better than Robin screaming because she got a call from the police, asking her to pick up Casey.

                When I went to sleep that night, I didn’t have any dream of a pregnant Robin and me murdering her. I don’t remember the dream. I think it’s a good sign.

                So far, I had a good night’s sleep, until Robin burst through the door, screaming. I jump into a sitting position and covered my ears. I glared at her until she stops and said, “Time to get up! Today’s Monday, get ready for school!”

                I was tempted to flip her off. I was about to but she got lucky and left. I drag myself out of bed and into the shower. The water was cold when it hit my skin but it woke me up. I brush my teeth and my hair. I had on clean clothes; I peck at the skirt I was wearing. I’m trying to decide if it’s too short. It might be a little too short and turn around to my room. I grab black tights and slip them under my skirt. I look in the mirror. Perfection.

                I brush my hair and tied it into a ponytail. I add a butterfly clip.

                “Macy, we have to go now!” Casey called. Taking my bag, I walk out the door and down the stairs.

                “Morning, Casey” I said.

                “You took too long. Did you remember to call Kale last night?”

                “No, I forgot” I said.

                “You were supposed to call him! In case you don’t know, Kale likes order” she said, and she opens her mouth to say more. I got bored that I told her to shut up and left.

                Casey was angry that I told her off. The whole ride there, she didn’t speak. I watch Darren park the car before I got out. I pull out my cell phone and decided to text Kale. I had his number saved in my mind, when I look at it for the first time; I repeated it over and over in my mind. I closed my phone and put it back in my pocket.  I open my locker and threw my bag in there and pick up my binder. I shut it and turn around, only to bump into Kale.

                “Pick you up at six?”

                I thought about it. “Sure” I said.

                “Cool” he smiled. “See you then, I have the perfect date plan”. Casey had just walked by and heard everything. Kale walk off, not even turning back to glance at Casey who visibly scowl. I gave her cocky grin to which, she did not return. She only walks off, with Darren in tow. I wanted to laugh at her. It made me wonder if Kale blew her off if she did not call beforehand. I have the power of persuasion and bullying.  It’s a gift.