007

It has been a couple of weeks since Ross' grandmother had passed away. He's doing a little better, but he's still got that ounce of doubt that the little lady would still be here, only to find out that she was gone and it tore him up.

Ross was beating himself up for the death of his unspoken grandmother, who I believed was called "mamoo" by all of her grandchildren. He had been spending a lot of time at my house, yet my parents had no clue of him being here. I would notice a change in Ross' expressions, and they weren't like the regular "laid-back-Ross", they were sad, angry, happy, etc.

"Okay, so, think of it like this," I said, explaining to Ross what we were learning about in science. Before I could say my next sentence, my phone began to ring one of my favorite songs and I mentally head banged to the tune.

"Hello?" I answered, placing my pencil into my book.

"Hey Starr," my mother chimed, her voice tired.

"Hey mom, what's going on?" I asked, standing up.

"Come to the hospital," my mom ordered, and hung up before I could ask her why I was needed.

"Okay, Ross, how would you like to make a trip to hospital?" I asked, and he stared at me in confusion. "I hope you'd love to, because I have to be there now."

I threw on my shoes, grabbed everything I thought I would need and headed out of the door. Ross slowly trailed behind me and was panting by the time he had stepped into my car.

"Why are we going to the hospital?" Ross questioned, but I only shrugged because I didn't know.

We made it to the same hospital that I was at only three weeks ago, and I saw as Ross hesitantly stepped into the building.

My mom was pacing back and forth, apparently waiting for me to get here. She saw me and rushed over, not questioning me about why I had an unfamiliar guy with me, but instead, dragged me down a hallway and into a room with my sister, my brother-in-law, and my dad.

Tiffany's face appeared to be swollen, and her hair stuck to her face due to the sweat she had produced. Beside her, in what looked to be a plastic box, was a small body sound asleep.

"She's here," I whispered as I slowly walked over to my niece. "She's perfect."

I admired her, and how she looked so much like my sister, and a bit like Ali when she was born. Tiffany had decided on the name Adalyn months ago, as soon as she found out she was having another little girl.

I didn't pick up my niece, because I didn't want to disturb her as she calmly slept. She looked like an angel. Her hair was dark, her nose was shiny at the tip, and her cheeks were so chubby that it resulted in her pink lips curving.

After a while of visiting, I decided to leave. Ross was with me the whole time, and didn't complain about wanting to leave because he knew how important this moment was to me.

"Thank you for being there for me, Ross," I sighed as I drove the way home.

"No problem, your family's pretty cool," Ross commented, and I thanked him for his kind words.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked, since we were already on the same block as his house.

"No, please no," he begged. I didn't argue, and I continued to drive.

"Ross, why don't you want to go home?" I asked as soon as we got back to my room. This topic had been concerning me, because he's gotten to the point where he would sleep in my room most nights.

"Because," Ross sighed. "Because my family hates me. I've told you that. And I can't go home. I've said some words I didn't mean to say, and every time I go back, it's some drama."

"I feel that there's more to this story than what you're telling me."

"Let's save it for a different time." And with that, he changed the subject.

What was he hiding? And why won't he tell me?

It's short, I suck. Lol bye.