006

The car ride to the hospital took about thirty minutes, but it was a silent thirty minutes. The silence was deafening, even though the radio was softly beating in the background. I looked over at Ross, seeing him wipe a few tears away, and all I wanted to do was ask him what was going on.

When we finally pulled up at the hospital, Ross hopped out and sprinted up the steps to the front desk. I followed behind as soon as I locked the doors to my car and made my way to the large doors of the building that matched them.

Ross was panting between his words and it caused the lady at the desk to give him a confused look. "Ross, come here," I ordered as I pulled him away from the desk. "What's going on?" I asked, and before I could get an answer, two blondes that looked similar to the one in front of me came over to us.

"Is she okay?" Ross asked, looking from one blonde to the other.

"I'm afraid she's-" the male said and looked down. I saw him swiftly wipe away a tear.

"She's gone, Ross," the girl said. And that's all it took for Ross to fall in the floor and sob himself into a puddle.

"Hi, I'm Rydel," the female said. Her eyes were glasses over and makeup was smeared all over her face.

"Hi, I'm Starr. Do you mind telling me what's going on?" I asked politely.

"It's our grandmother," Rydel sighed. "She had been sick for a while, and now she's gone." Throughout the words Rydel had been telling me, she was restraining herself from crying. I felt bad for her, and I wanted to cry with her, but I couldn't. I didn't know the lady and I figure it would be inappropriate to cry at a time like this.

I glanced over at Ross, to see Riker hovering over him to comfort him. Ross was hysterical, and you couldn't make out the words he was saying. "Ross, calm down," Riker would say. "No, Riker, I can't!" Ross would argue back.

I felt vulnerable in this situation. I didn't know what to do or how to react, I just stood there and watch all of the siblings sulk in their own sadness.

"Thanks for bringing me," Ross nasally said. He mustered the best smile he could before he doubled over, put his face in his hands and fell onto me. All he would do was sob - something I guess would be the only option for him at this moment.

"No problem, Ross," I sighed. I stroked the back of his hair as he cried onto my shoulder, soaking my shirt.

"Lynch's, you may come back to see her before they take her body," one of the nurses said. They all started walking back before Ross took my hand and lead me to wherever the room was.

When we reached the doors to a room where a crowd of people were standing, we walked inside. There, laid a lifeless body. Her hair was blonde and short, and looked similar to Ross' mother. I thought Ross was calm, but as soon as he saw her body, he broke down again - worse than anyone else I had seen.

I made my way out of the room to meet with Ross' parents. "Sorry about the way he's acting," Mark apologized.

"It's fine," I smiled.

"Ross was the closest member of our family to her. He would always go over and help her with things around the house, he absolutely adored her. When we moved out here to California, he was angry at us for leaving her behind. He never was the same after that," Mark explained.

This resulted in a lump in my throat and tear rolling down my cheek. "Yeah, I can't imagine the pain he must be in right now. Or any of you. I'm sorry for your loss," I replied in a whisper.

They returned a warm smile and I walked back to Ross who was now a little more calm. "Ross, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother."

"Yeah, me, too," Ross said, looking at me with a fake smile before it disappeared. "Starr, will you help me for the next couple of the days until all of this is over?"

"Of course," I agreed.

"Thank you," Ross thanked me before leaning over and planting a small kiss on my forehead.

That small action left butterflies in my stomach and my face flushed red. But what did it mean?

****

Ayeeee, it's been a month since I updated, but I did.

Sry it's taken me so long. I've been gone and doing things these last couple of weeks of summer.

School starts Monday x) lol, I don't want it to start.

Also, to check out my rants book. And lastly,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS IN UNDER TEN CHAPTERS! OMG! ILY ILY ILY! ❤️

See you soon,

Xx