Jason

Everyone stared at him for a moment. Everyone, that is, except Percy, who had found a comfortable spot on the sofa and began drooling. Hypnos chuckled lightly, his eyes twinkling, and he said coolly, "Yes, many are surprised to find me here in Italy. The gods assume I am off somewhere sleeping when I am nowhere to be found, but I find the country side out here to be rather fascinating. And very tranquil. Wouldn't you agree?"
   Percy snored in response. Hypnos eyed him quickly before returning his gaze to Jason. "But of course, that is not why I have met you here. Quickly, we must speak in one of the backrooms."
     Everyone began walking forward, when the god interrupted, "oh, I do apologize, but I cannot speak to all of you. It is quite complicated. Maybe two or three of you will due." He give another quick smile, before turning around and disappearing through the door behind him. Everyone exchanged glances, before Piper peeped up, "I'll go."
    Jason nodded. If Piper was going, so was he. "Me too."
  Leo added, "the tres amigos. Count me in."
  Frank nodded. "You three should go. It's probably best to keep him in his Greek form. Somnous is much more violent and vengeful. Hypnos seems  pretty harmless."
    No one else objected, and so the three of them together entered the new room.
   The backroom was bigger than the entire hotel. The walls were designed with swirls and clouds and assorted whimsical designs, which seemed to be moving. Figures that resembled wind spirits floated about the massive room followed by golden glittering trails. Hypnos was busy conversing with a small crowd of them. He turned to see them, and grinned. The crowd of servants quickly scattered, and They approached the god.
    "Welcome. It's good to finally talk to you in person, and I had some concerns about..." He looked first at Jason, then Piper, then his eyes rested on Leo. Suddenly his smile melted away, and his expression became very serious. "Oh, Leo, this will not do at all. This simply won't due."
    Leo frowned. "Hey, drowsy, I'm not sure what you problem is with me, but I-" Without warning, Hypnos suddenly advanced on Leo, and swiped one of his burly hands over Leo's Face. Leo immediately went limp. Luckily, the god of sleep quickly stretched his free hand behind Leo and caught him before he hit the floor. Before Jason had time to react, Hypnos quickly ushered over some of the spirits who grabbed Leo under his arms, then his feet, and lifted him into the air.
    Then Jason reacted. "Hey! What was that for?" Hypnos only gave him an annoyed look.
    "It was for his own good. Leo Valdez cannot hear what I am about to tell you."
    "And what might that be?" Piper asked sassily.
    Hypnos looked taken back. "Leo, of course. I fear he is in danger. Someone is manipulating him."
    Jason and Piper were silent for a moment. Of course the thigh had crossed Jason's mind, but now it was confirmed. "Who?"
   Hypnos shrugged. "I don't know. But I've seen his dreams, and I could sense the presence of another in his mind."
   Jason studied Hypnos. He had met some of his kids before, and they were actually very similar. Hypnos didn't seem as prideful or stubborn as some of the others. He surely wasn't as intimidating. It was like he was generally concerned for the well being of a random demigod.
    "Well," Piper asked, "why were they in his head? What do they want?"
    Again, Hypnos did not have an answer. "Not many gods have the ability to completely control dreams. Sure, some can appear in dreams for a short period of time, but this was quite different. The only other I know do with that ability is Morpheus."
    "Do you think it was Morpheus?" Jason asked, feeling angry for the lack of sure answers.
   Hypnos shook his head. "I do not. This is the other point I meant to speak to you about. Morpheus has gone missing. So have a few other minor gods."
     Piper narrowed her eyes, "Artemis said something bad had happened to Apollo. Could that be related?"
    "It wouldn't be unlikely. I've been watching, and it seems that the gods who've gone missing are the ones that tend to communicate with demigods. I can't say why, but Hebe was recently in touch with one of her sons, and poof! She's gone."
      Suddenly, Jason felt very alarmed. Gods going missing?! Sure, Hera had been taken captive, but that's one goddess. This is multiple gods. All disappearing with no trace. Suddenly, something bothered Jason. He looked up at Hypnos in awe.
   "Wait, if communicating with demigods is causing the gods to dissapear, why are you talking to us? Doesn't that out you at risk?"
    Hypnos gave him and Piper a sad smile. "It is true. I don't expect to be in touch much longer, but I though I may have a chance if I talked to very few of you. I thought you should know, since I may not last long anyway."
     Jason suddenly gained a bigger respect for Hypnos and his children. Most of the gods he had met tended to only care about themselves. Sure, they had helped sometimes, but never had Jason though a god would put themselves at risk for the sake of a few demigods.  He nodded.
    Hypnos sighed. "Well you should be on your way." Jason and Piper nodded, when it suddenly occurred to Jason that Leo was still floating unconsciously. He bit his lip, and pushed up his glasses.
    "Uh, can we have Leo back now?"
   Hypnos jumped. "Oh yes, I almost forgot!" He stretched his hand out, then suddenly stopped. He hesitated. "By the way, please keep an eye on Leo for me. He isn't doing to well. I was able to watch his dream last night, and it was horrible. If it really did happen, you two did say quite terrible things about him."
     Jason felt confused. Leo had seen the night on the roof, right? Piper and Jason had told stories about him, not criticized him. He wasn't completely sure what to say. "Well, we will try to sort things out. Thank you."
   Hypnos smiled, as if his final request had just been fulfilled. "Then go now." He turned to Leo and swiped his hand back over Leo again.
     Leo's eyelids fluttered open. He light mumbled to himself, adjusting to his surroundings, when he turned over and saw Jason, Piper, and Hypnos. Suddenly his eyes got wide. "Wait a sec." He looked beneath himself, and yelped just as he fell to the floor. Leo stood up shakily. "What in the name of Kronos just happened."
    Piper flashed Jason a concerned look, before they both laid a hand on Leo's shoulder. "We were just leaving buddy."
     Leo gave then both confused looks, before asking, "well okay." He held out the y, and the three of them walked back out into the lobby.