Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

The next morning, they headed to the town square.

"I'm so excited! I haven't been to a festival before!" Illia exclaimed.

"It's going to be fun!" Lucy promised her.

The town of Aster was greatly known for its best tasting sweets so they all decided to go to a pastry shop. 

"I heard that they're going to have a cake contest later." Erza says as she slices her strawberry shortcake. 

"Well then that means more cake for us!!!" Natsu gobbles down a slice of cake.

"You're not going to eat them since you're not part of the panel of judges." Lucy says but Natsu ignores her and starts to gobble down another slice of cake.

Illia slowly takes a bite of her cheesecake. She sees that Frosch ate the same kind of cake and look like he wanted some more so she decides to give her cake to Frosch.

"Are you sure you don't want it, Illia?" Lector asks

"Yeah it's okay, you and Frosch can have it."

"Thank you!" Frosch happily takes a bite of the cake.

"What?! You don't like cake?!" Erza looks at her exasperatedly. Illia shivers at Erza's glare.

"N-no no, it's not like that. I ate too much food for breakfast." Illia replied. That morning, Tigris decided to skip breakfast so he can eat more cake so Illia had to eat his breakfast.

After they finished eating, they decide to explore the town square. There were sweet shops almost everywhere. Some people recognized them from the Grand Magic Games and asked for an autograph. They politely obliged.

Then suddenly, the ground started to shake. Everyone started panicking. People ran from every direction. Natsu sniffed something familiar and ran off. The smell reminded him of Igneel. He was hoping that he would find him. They followed him to a forest.

"Natsu, what are we doing here?" Gray asks him.

Before Natsu could reply, a huge pair red eyes glowed from the trees.

"Good job Fairy Tail. I'm sorry I'm I took a long time."A voice echoed through the forest. Illia immediately remembered whose voice it was.

"Mom?!" Illia called out.

A golden dragon came out.

"It's a dragon?!" Everyone except Illia screamed. Tears were falling down Illia's cheeks. The last time she saw her mom was when she was four.