Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

"Bye guys!" Natsu bids the Sabertooth members goodbye.

"Bye Natsu!" Sting waves at him "See you soon!"

***

As soon as the Sabertooth members arrived at their guild, they started to look for jobs. Lector finds one perfect for his partner in crime.

"Sting! I found a quest for you!" Lector hands Sting the request. It required Dragon Slayers for the job.

"I'm pretty sure that if only Rogue and I can't do this quest alone. I'll call Natsu and the others." Sting said. It seemed like a difficult one fit for an S class mage but the request strictly required that only Dragon Slayers must participate.

He contacted the Fairy Tail members through a lacrima.

"Hey Sting!" Natsu greets. Beside him was Happy, Lucy, Wendy and Illia.

"Hey guys" Sting greeted back. "I received an anonymous request this morning. There's an island nearby with a dragon. I need to kill it. Can you come with me and Rogue? The reward is 20 billion jewels."

"I'm all fired up!" Natsu says enthusiastically.

"20 billion jewels?!" Happy's eyes popped. "I could buy so much fish with that!"

"But it's not like you're coming with them. It strictly said that only Dragon slayers can go." Lucy retorted. Wendy and Illia gave Happy an assuring smile.

"Lucy, you're mean! I'm pretty sure Natsu would buy me some. Right, Natsu?"

Natsu nods in reply.

"By the way, we're leaving next week. I have some errands to do. Have a great day guys." Sting waves goodbye as he turns the lacrima vision off.

"So I guess you guys should start practicing." Lucy says "I'm sure you guys can do it!"

"Yeah" Wendy replies "Although none of us have tried killing a dragon before."

***

A week has passed. The dragon slayers had had a tough week from practicing. They all hoped that they could finish the mission return home safely. As of the moment, they were riding a boat to the island, Ryushima.

"It's a good thing that Wendy was able to cast Troia on all of us before we left because if she didn't, we all wouldn't make it to Ryushima safely." Illia joked as she patted Wendy, who was fast asleep.

When they arrived on the island, they spotted a huge cave. They decided to check it. When they thought they reached a dead end, a staircase appeared leading them underground. The cave was dark so Natsu decided to lead them, creating a ball of fire on his right hand to serve as their flashlight.