Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Rogue lied on his bed, awake. He couldn't sleep. Frosch was beside him, sleeping soundly.

Do you like her?

Rogue asks himself again and again. After what Sting had said, he realized that maybe he had feelings for the Light Dragon Slayer. He enjoys every moment he has with her. When she's around, the job doesn't seem so difficult anymore. But that doesn't mean he likes her that way right? Maybe he's just too comfortable with her. Even if they did end up together, sooner or later they'd break up. To him, Illia was a special girl, too special for him to lose.

The next day, Sting and Lucy decide to follow through their plan. They ask Illia and Rogue to meet them at the town square.

"Hey guys" Illia greets them sleepily. Her long droopy eyelashes kept on blinking. "Why'd you call us so early?"

Rogue nods while Sting smirks at the both of them. Lucy, Natsu and Cana were going to spy on them.

"We're going somewhere. Don't ask where it is. It's a surprise." Sting answers as they walked along the street. He hoped their plan would work.

"Oh, I think I left something." Sting says. "Why don't you two go ahead. Rogue knows where."

"But Sting!,you haven't told me where it is!" Rogue says as he turns back to look at Sting. He was nowhere to be found.

"That idiot" Illia sighs "He asks us to go with him somewhere but disappears in the next few minutes."

"Just try to understand him. He's really busy nowadays. I guess we'll have to find the place for him" Rogue says calmly.

"Yeah. Let's hurry so I can go back to bed."

It's pretty obvious that the two were too dense to realize that Sting had set them up to a date.

As they walked around the town square, the rain started to fall heavily. They ran inside a café.

"Since were stuck here for awhile, why don't we get a drink?" Illia suggests. Rogue nods. She wanted to smack Sting in head so much. But she didn't want to tell Rogue that since he was Sting's partner.