VIII-Earth God

Matthew once again walked in a strange world where crows caw and glide. "I remember this place. This is the world of Sulad." he said to himself. A voice called to him. A voice of a woman. "Kahran..." the voice called.  

Matthew couldn't see anyone, for he was once again in the open field. Weird place, as he had thought. 

"Who's that?" he asked looking all over.  

He waited for the voice to say anything. From where it might have been, he could track it's whereabouts, he thought.  

"Come to me." it called again.  

He couldn't seem to follow where it leads.  

"Who are you?" he calls. "Where are you? Show you yourself!" 

"Follow my voice Kahran, I'm here." the voice answered. Matthew listened and followed the voice. He walked and listened, until he reached a cave entrance. It was dark to see from the outside. The cave looked like an abandoned mine from the outside, with a sign post that says;  

"Kasamaan..." he reads. "This must be where I came from," Matthew couldn't hear the voice anymore. He was about to step inside the cave, when the voice spoke to him again.  

"Don't come in here!" the voice warned him. Matthew stepped back.  

Then a white sphere of light came to him from inside. It was shining and floating infront of him. "Kahran," it said. He thought of the light as a firefly. A big, shiny and beautiful firefly.  

"Who are you? and why did you call me Kahran?" he asked.  

The light spoke to him as a grown up woman. "I am Diana. I am talking to you now in spirit form, for my real body is being kept from the depths of this place." she explained.  

"Why did you call for me in this place? Who is Kahran, tell me?" he asked.  

"Kahran I know what you have been through now." the voice said to him.  

He frowned. "My name is Matthew, not Kahran... Did you call me here just to tell me that?" Matthew asked irately.  

The voice was as gentle as always. "No, I called you here to warn you Kahran." the voice replied.  

Matthew frowns, "Warn me... about what?" he asked.  

"There's a trap waiting for you in Madia-as. No matter what happens, do not hand them the Pearl. Or it will doom every living thing in the living world." the voice explained.  

Matthew showed his necklace from inside his shirt. "You mean this Pearl?" he asked.  

Then the Pearl emited a huge glowing ring that went farther and farther, that created tension in the whole place. The ground suddenly trembled, and a loud voice cracked like thunder, echoing all over Sulad.  

"HALF-MORTAL! HOW DARE YOU DISTURB THE UNDERWORLD WITH LISUGA'S SEED!" the voice echoed.  

Matthew looked around, he want's to know where the voice led. "That's Lord Panlinugun! The ruler of the Underworld." the voice said. "Hide the Pearl quickly, and take this, it's a key to... Aaahhh!"  

Just before the voice could finish, a huge hand of darkness, suddenly grabbed the sphere of light. Matthew tried to reach for the light, but it already disappeared.