XXII-The Evil Sibling

A few minutes later, they arrived at an open space where it's awfully very quiet. Matthew and the others stopped running.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Scarlet said.

"Stay sharp guys," Matthew warns. "We're not alone."

Then they heared a sinister laugh coming from somewhere. It was getting dark and the sun already set. The full moon shines which serves as light on a dark night.

Emil looked around for hostiles. He sweared he recognized that laugh.

"It's Ronnie!"

As Emil spoke, countless yellow eyes can be seen over the shadows. They could see a pair of red eyes flashing on one side, then a Wakwak came out to them. It really was Ronnie.

"Welcome my dear friends!" he greeted. "I'm beginning to think you guys are not gonna show up."

Then the yellow eyed creatures came out and revealed themselves. They were Aswangs. And three of them were guarding their mothers in a wooden cage.

"Mother!" the twins called in unison.

Their mother Anatella, heared her daughters call. "Scarlet... Adele!" she cried.

Emil looked on the woman beside her. It was his mother Alena. "Mother!" he called.

"Emil!" Alena exclaims.

Matthew's foster mother, Martha stood beside her sister Alena.

"Mom!" Matthew calls. "we're here to rescue you!"

"Matthew! Emil!" she cried. "There are too many of them, you have to escape while you still can!"

Matthew's heart almost sunk as he saw their mothers at the mercy of the malignos. One wrong move will result to a slaughter. Ronnie seemed confident and acted as their leader. "Oh I almost forgot..." then he snapped his fingers. "We brought ourselves a little snack."

Then a teenager came out tied up and pushed forward by the Aswang in humanoid form, Jolo with two large dogs as guards. The teenager was someone whom they already knew. He was covered with dust, his clothes were torned and looked too weak to stand Straight up.

As his face got lighted by the moonlight, Matthew and Emil recognized his face.

"Dylan!" they exclaimed.

"Guys..." Dylan kneeled down, weakened.

"Hang in there..." Matthew said clenching his fist. "You've gone too far Ronnie, let them go!" he exclaimed.

"Dear me," Ronnie said. "He's not even part of the bargain. After all, the waiting made us very hungry." he licked his lips.

"No!" Matthew exclaimed.

"But first things first..." Ronnie smiles. "Give me the pearl, and I'll let your parents go. Simple as that. You don't need this guy. He made your life miserable almost everyday, and I'm sure this one won't give you any extra credit."

Matthew made his decision. "Let everyone go Ronnie..." he removed his necklace. "And this pearl will be yours." he turned his head and secretly winked at Emil.

"Very well then..." Ronnie agrees. "Now, hand me the pearl." he demands.

Matthew tossed the necklace. Ronnie catches it without any problems, but he forgot the one important thing...