XII-Lyreshca

Withered rainforest, a place, covered in darkness. And not trully a nice place to dwell. Withered trees, dry bushes, and a full moon that only serves as it's light. 

A glowing round light emits at the side of a round platform. And out came two Half-mortals. 

Matthew moved his head around, looking at the whole place. "Is this it?" he asked. 

Darmo nods, "Probably. But to tell you the truth, this is not what it really looks like before." Darmo answered. 

"How come?" Matthew asked. 

"This place was once a beautiful rainforest called Lyreshca, the realm of the Lambanas." Darmo answered. 

Matthew and Darmo walked around looking for the portal. 

"What happened to this place? Matthew looked around. 

Darmo shrugged. "We don't know for sure." he answered. 

Darmo was about to talk more but suddenly, an arrow was shot and zoomed past between them, and pierced a dead tree. 

"What the..." Matthew looked around. 

They both searched for hostiles but, they could not make anything up from all the shadowy places. 

"Can't see anything..." 

Then another arrow was shot and almost hit Matthew. 

"Run!" Darmo leads. "I think I know where the portal is... Follow me." 

The two of them ran as fast as they could. They also see arrows missing it's target. Further on they suddenly got pushed back, as if they rammed on something really hard. Matthew and Darmo fell on their backs. 

"Ow, geez' what was that?" Matthew grunted. 

Darmo touched his shoulder. "Matthew look," he pointed forward. 

Matthew looked forward and saw a stone door emiting a white glow, and surrounded by an invisible energy barrier. 

"The portal!" Matthew said. "But how are we gonna get through that barrier." 

"No one can get through it." a girl's voice said. 

The boys looked around searching for the source of the voice. But Matthew vaguely remembers something about the girl's voice, that he already heard before. . 

"Scarlet is that you?" 

Scarlet came out from the shadows, with her face as stern as ever. She walked carrying her bow. 

"I told you, I'll take you on if you follow us here." she said. 

"A female mortal?" Darmo said. 

"She's a friend of mine. We came from the same world." Matthew claims. 

"Great, a friend who aimed to kill us." Darmo said in sarcasm. "But then again, I feel pity for them." he said. 

Another voice talked. 

"Well Matthew, I see you have found yourself a new friend. Quite a good outfit too." she said. "...Are you mentally unfit?" Adele came out from the shadows.