XXI-To Mt. Madia-as

Three hours later, Matthew woke up. He couldn't sleep well. He looked beside him and saw the others fast asleep. They deserve a rest. Matthew looked outside by the window, it was still dark for an afternoon. They only have Seven hours left for Madia-as.

Outside, he saw Darmo practicing with his new sword. He thought of an idea, and immediately went down. He doesn't have any broad experience when it comes to fighting with swords.

Darmo moved swiftly, he was getting used to handle his new body.

"I see you have become more agile and stronger than the last time." Matthew praised.

"All thanks to you." Darmo thanked. "I could have been a goner you know,"

"Don't mention it." Matthew said. "I'm more interested in your swordsmanship," Matthew drew his Slayer. "Do me a favor and try to kill me," he said.

Darmo frowns, "What?"

Then he realize what Matthew meant for him to do.

"Alright," he agreed. "You better watch yourself." then Darmo charged first, Matthew prepared himself to counter strike.

They spent three hours of training until Emil, Adele and Scarlet woke up from their well deserved rest.

Adele heared a tingling noise of blades, clashing. "What's that noise?" she looked down from the window.

Scarlet and Emil joined her as they saw Matthew and Darmo's intense sword practice. They saw them as if they were seriously fighting, blades sparkling and moving with all the effort. One wrong move will cause serious damage.

"Look at them move..." Adele watched with amazement.

"Maybe I should spar with them sometime." Emil said.

"Quiet you guys!" Scarlet shut them up. "Let's watch and see how this will end."

Meanwhile, Darmo seemed to get more serious as they were crossing their swords. Darmo gave a mighty blow, Matthew was about to counter slash when he suddenly got slipped by a small stone. Everything happened so fast and it's too late for Darmo to draw back.

Luckily, Matthew's Ad-lao shielded him from total harm.

"Matthew, are you alright?" Darmo asked, and helped him get up.

"Not a scratch." Matthew relpied, patting off the dust from his jacket.

Emil and the girls came to them running. "Matthew, are you alright?" Emil said.

"Nothing to worry about," Matthew answered. "we were just training."

Scarlet was impressed with Matthew, but she wouldn't want to tell him that, nor share it with her twin. As time go by she felt an attraction towards him.

"Save your strength though," she said. "We don't know, what's ahead of us in Mt. Madia-as."

Emil and Adele looked at each other.

"Concerned?" Emil mouthed.

Adele shrugged like saying: I don't know.

As Scarlet looked at Emil and Adele, and the two of them each looked the other way as if they're playing nothing happened.

Darmo's sword turned into a tiny tube like crystal pendant with gold chain, and wore it around his neck.