IX-The Lone Journey

Slowly he opened his eyes, he was in his own room again. It was a bright sunday morning. Alone, but he completely thought he is not helpless. He looked outside the window and saw his neighbors cleaning up the mess from last night. On his room table he saw the medalion that the earth god gave him.  

Then his stomach growled. "I need to eat first." he said to himself.  

He went downstairs and made himself a delicious ham and egg sandwich, and a glass of warm milk. He thought to himself that he had no time to waste, so he packed a few goods inside his small backpack. He went back to his room and looked at the medalion. He remembered himself that he had no time to waste, so he packed a few goods inside his small backpack. He went back to his room and looked at the medalion.  

He remembered what the earth god told him.  

"It also works on any doors."  

Matthew extended his arm and faced the medalion to an open closet door. "Take me to the Gardens of Enchantasia!" he commanded. And at the blink of an eye, a shinning silvery light emanated as a portal. Matthew took a deep breath and slowly entered inside the light. As he completely entered, the portal disappeared.  

On the other side, an eight inches tall female Lambana was playing in a flowery bush. She was beautiful and had wings of a butterfly, wearing satin cloth.  

She enjoyed dancing and playing at the flowers, until a six feet Sarangay suddenly grabbed her. The Lambana struggled to get free. "Let go of me!" she told the Sarangay.  

Then the portal opened. The Sarangay and the Lambana looked at the Ebony tree and saw a young man came out from it. Matthew came out from the portal and heard the Lambana screaming.  

"HELP!"  

Matthew looked and saw the Lambana at the hands of the Sarangay. It had a huge muscular body of a man, even bigger than a total beefcake, hairy, with a head of a bull. Matthew thought fast and took out his Slayer.  

"Let her go!" he commanded.  

The Sarangay dropped the Lambana and went for Matthew instead. The creature mooed and smoke came out from its nose. The Sarangay lunges and engaged him horn first.  

"Be careful!" the Lambana said.  

Matthew took advantage of the situation and evaded as the creature closed in. The Sarangay rammed a huge hard rock and got itself dizzy from the impact. Matthew used the opening to strike the creature, and try to cut off it's head. He swung his sword with his might but enexpectedly, the creature moved and the sword missed. It came back to its senses and engaged him using its fists. Matthew tries to dodge every strike the Sarangay made, but the creature's swiftness and agility caught him by surprise. The creature embraced him and gave him a hard hug, pressing him with it's remarkable strength.  

Matthew felt the pressure almost breaking his bones. He tried to think of some way to escape. Slayer is still in his hand, so he thought of stabbing the Sarangay's left thigh. The creature loosen its grip on Matthew. He used his legs to push himself free, that made the Sarangay loose its balance. And immediately, Matthew used all his might to strike the enemy, but the Sarangay picked a hard rock to use as a shield, and hit it instead. The Slayer's blade shattered as it broke in two, making it look like a dagger.  

This is not good, he said worriedly. Matthew stepped back. The creature quickly stood up and rammed him, and they fell down with him pressed on the ground. On the ground, Matthew noticed that the Sarangay wasn't moving. It was heavy and bulky. He shoved it off him and saw the Slayer, or what's left of it pierced on the creature's heart... Luckily. He stood up, and looked at the enemy reduced to dust, leaving only the blooded half of his Slayer.