XI-Creation Story

Millions of years ago, there was no land, sun, moon, or stars, and the world was only a great sea of water, above which stretched the sky. The great sea was the kingdom of the god Magwayan, and the high skies was ruled by the great god, Kaptan

Maguayan had a daughter called Lidagat, the sea, and Kaptan had a son known as Lihangin, the wind. The gods agreed to the marriage of their children, so the sea became the bride of the wind. 

A daughter and three sons were born to them. The sons were called Likalibutan, Liadlao, and Libulan, and the daughter received the name of Lisuga

Likalibutan had a body of rock and was strong and brave; Liadlao was formed of gold and was always happy; Libulan was made of copper and was weak and timid; and the beautiful Lisuga had a body of pure silver and was sweet and gentle. Their parents were very fond of them, and nothing was wanting to make them happy. 

After a time Lihangin died and left the control of the winds to his eldest son Likalibutan. The faithful wife Lidagat soon followed her husband, and the children, now grown up, were left without father or mother. However, their grandfathers, Kaptan and Maguayan, took care of them and guarded them from all evil. 

After some time, Likalibutan, proud of his power over the winds, resolved to gain more power, and asked his brothers to join him in an attack on Kaptan in the sky above. They refused at first, but when Likalibutan became angry with them, the amiable Liadlao, not wishing to offend his brother, agreed to help. Then together they induced the timid Libulan to join in the plan. 

When all was ready, the three brothers rushed at the sky, but they could not beat down the gates of steel that guarded the entrance. Likalibutan let loose the strongest winds and blew the bars in every direction. The brothers rushed into the opening, but were met by the angry god Kaptan. So terrible did he look that they turned and ran in terror, but Kaptan, furious at the destruction of his gates, sent three bolts of lightning after them. 

The first struck the copper Libulan and melted him into a ball. The second struck the golden Liadlao and he too was melted. The third bolt struck Likalibutan and his rocky body broke into many pieces and fell into the sea. So huge was he that parts of his body stuck out above the water and became what is known as land. 

In the meantime the gentle Lisuga had missed her brothers and started to look for them. She went toward the sky, but as she approached the broken gates, Kaptan, blind with anger, struck her too with lightning, and her silver body broke into thousands of pieces. 

Kaptan then came down from the sky and tore the sea apart, calling on Maguayan to come to him and accusing him of ordering the attack on the sky. Soon Maguayan appeared and answered that he knew nothing of the plot as he had been asleep deep in the sea. After some time, he succeeded in calming the angry Kaptan. Together they wept at the loss of their grandchildren, especially the gentle and beautiful Lisuga, but even with their powers, they could not restore the dead back to life. However, they gave to each body a beautiful light that will shine forever. 

And so it was the golden Liadlao who became the sun and the copper Libulan, the moon, while Lisuga's pieces of silver were turned into the stars of heaven. To wicked Likalibutan, the gods gave no light, but resolved to make his body support a new race of people. So Kaptan gave Maguayan a seed from the remnants of Lisuga, and he planted it on one of the islands. 

Soon a bamboo tree grew up, and from the hollow of one of its branches, a man and a woman came out-

"Sikalak the man and Sikabay the woman," Matthew finished. 

"You know about them?" Hazval said. 

"Only a bit," Matthew replied. "Their first child was a son whom they called Libo. Afterwards they had a daughter who was known as Saman, and the youngest son, was named Pandaguan, the first one who got punished for defying the gods." 

Hazval looked at him with his mouth open in astonishment. 

Matthew continued, "Well, in the human world where I grew up, they keep books about it at the library." he explained. 

The Kaiser put his arm around Matthew's shoulders and laughed. "Hey, I like this kid," he looked at his men, as the Enkantados smiled. "Come with me kid. Let's head for the storage shelter." he leads. 

Matthew never thought that Engkantados are friendlier than they look. It is good that he made new aquaintances, especially from other races. He wondered how a Dalaketnon would treat a guest like him. However it would be, he had a feeling he will soon find out. 

Inside their storage shelter, Matthew looked at the sets of wardrobes, lighter than any piece of human made clothing. Although it was very dusty. Matthew coughed from all the dust. After many centuries of storage, why wouldn't it be. 

Matthew chose to wear the black leather jacket, that matched his black sneakers. He pulled a white shirt from his backpack and changed an under t-shirt. A few minutes later, Matthew went outside the shelter, and ready to continue his journey. 

"It looks good on you. Now you look like a true warrior." Hazval complimented. "But be careful Matthew, there are evil malignos lurking in that place." Hazval warned. "I shall let you use the teleporter to transort you straight to the withered rainforest." 

Matthew looked at the bangle,  

"The gods has chosen you, don't worry about it, you can take it with you." Hazval adds. 

Matthew bowed politely. "Thank you Sir. Perhaps I should return soon for a late celebration." Matthew smiled. 

"Perhaps maybe, we'll be expecting that," Hazval said, then he smiled. 

Hazval and his men escorted him to a shed. And there, it stood a round platform with a ring that glows red on its side. A contraption used for effortless transportation, which the Engkantados called, the Teleporter. 

"Wait!" came a young looking Engkantado.  

Everyone looked behind. "Darmo... What brings you here?" Hazval asked. 

The young one named Darmo stopped and panted. "Kaiser..." still panting, catching his breath. "with your permission... I wish to travel and accompany the child of Kasamaan on his... journey," 

Darmo stood up still. "Child of Kasamaan, please take me with you," he asked. "I can help you. I'm an experienced fighter." 

Hazval gave a chuckle. "Are you sure about this, son?" Hazval asked. 

"Yes Father. I want to go on an actual quest. I want to prove myself on the outside." Darmo answered. 

Matthew noticed he had normal human ears and not pointed like the rest. 

The Kaiser stood beside his son, "Matthew, this is Darmo. My half-mortal offspring." He introduced. 

Darmo wears a semi-modernized clothing. A round turban-like berret with a red diamond on it's center. Buttoned shirt, pants inserted in a pair of mythril greaves, and a pair of mythril armbands. He carries a long sword in a chained scabbard belted on the back of his waist. Matthew figured why Darmo's ears are like him. 

"How about it Matthew?" Hazval asks. "You know that, traveling in the withered rainforest can be a dangerous task. But traveling alone is even worse than dangerous." he explained. "He's quite a gung ho, but completely dependable." he adds. 

Matthew nods, "Alright." he agrees. "Under one condition..." 

"Anything," Darmo said. 

"Just call me Matthew. Would that suffice?" He smiles and reached out his hand. 

"Yes. Thank you Chil... I mean, Matthew." Darmo agreed, and they shaked hands. The both of them stepped inside the teleporter and vanished.