XIX-Old Teacher

"Kerte?" Scarlet said.

"How do you know him Darmo? And why do you call him a traitor?" Matthew asks.

Matthew noticed, Darmo's eyes were enraged after he mentioned the name. "He was once a sage from my hometown." Darmo answered clenching his fists.

"A trusted Engkantado, until..." he stops, trying to control himself. "Nevermind that. He's in a tower

just ahead like what I said earlier. Follow me."

Darmo showed them the way to Kerte's tower. It was a two kilometer run from the portal, and after a few minutes they were all standing in front of the tower. The place was also covered in darkness, with circling dark clouds and strong winds with few lightning sparks and roaring thunders.

"Creepy place," Matthew remarked.

"It's the last place you'd ever want to be." Darmo says in a disgusted manner.

They opened the large door and went inside. The place was empty with a spiral staircase leading to the top floor.

"It's like a lighthouse," Emil said.

"Creepy lighthouse." Scarlet emphasized.

"Lets split up." Emil suggests. "Adele and I will stay outside as back up in case something goes wrong."

"Emil is right." Scarlet agrees. "We're sitting ducks if all of us will get caught."

Matthew thought of it as a good idea. Going together can become risky at an enemy territory. Emil and Adele went outside and hid at the shadowy trees. While Matthew and the rest climbed up the stairs, to the top of the tower.

A few minutes later, they entered the room on the top floor. The room was more like a science laboratory, filled with contraptions used for experiments.

"This place is wicked," Matthew said in amazement.

Further on they saw large and tall glass tubes filled with crystal clear liquid. Each has a hose connected to a huge compressor which gives oxygen, to something that was inside it.

Inside were life forms that gave them a shock of their lives.

"There's a body inside each tubes." Matthew said.

Each tube had different kinds of specimens. Malignos, Engkantados, and humans. Matthew looked at each of them and saw another familiar monster inside the tube.

"Burohka!" Matthew exclaimed.

"So this is what he's been doing all this time for so many years... That traitor," Darmo says clenching his fists.

"I see humans and engkantados individually inside each tube." Scarlet said. "Even that witch we killed. What kind of experiment is this?"

"Genetic Engineering." Matthew claims. "But how come a technology like this from the human world exist here?"

"Humans are part of this experiments," Darmo retorts. "And I was part of this experiment long before I discovered that I'm-"

"Part human..." a man spoke from behind them.

Three of them quickly turned and saw a man in a leather cloak. He had long straight silver hair, green eyes, pointed ears and fair complexion in a twenties feature. He was holding a thick tome on his left hand, and a small test tube on his right hand.