Chapter 1

Dean's POV:

I walked through the great wasteland. There was nobody. The desolate landscape was completely empty. CRASH. The loud noise echoed across the bland area. I turned around in curiosity, looking for what caused the noise. CRASH. The noise came again. Suddenly, the ground started to shake and crack. CRASH. Parts of the ground started to break off and fall away. The place I was standing started to break off. CRASH. All of the land fell. "HELP!!!" I shouted as I dropped into black nothingness.

I sat straight up in bed. There was a pool of sweat from where I was sleeping. My shirt stuck to my chest due to the moisture. I was breathing heavily and my heart was pounding.

BEEP BEEP BEEP... BEEP BEEP BEEP... BEEP BEEP BEEP. my alarm clock read, 7:00. I smashed the dismiss button and swung my legs onto the floor. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and stood up. I trudged to the bathroom to freshen up. I clumsily picked up my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror. My brown hair was a mess. There we're dark circles under my eyes. I was a mess.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a Black Veil Brides T-shirt. I slid on my clothing and ran a few fingers through my hair. I put on my black vans and a maroon colored beanie. The black nail polish on my fingers stood out against my pale skin. I looked at myself one more time and then headed downstairs.

Sam was in the kitchen making pancakes. His soft brown hair gently fell against his face. He was already dressed and ready to go. He handed me a pancake with butter.

"mornin'" Sam said. I responded with a muffled groan.

I drenched my pancake in syrup and began to stuff the fluffy food in my mouth. Soon, I was putting my plate in the sink and rushing Sam out the door. I grabbed my backpack and went out to the impala. Sam was already in the front seat waiting. I got in the car and started it. The impala roared to life and purred.

I parked the car and got out. Sam and I walked into school. We started to walk separate ways.

"Seeya, Bitch." I yelled.
"Later, jerk." Sam yelled back in response.

As I was walking through the crowded hallway, my head was down. I smashed into a body. I looked up and saw a guy with vibrantly blue eyes and and deep black hair. He was staring at me.

What a great way to start off the day.