Chapter 8

************Alexis's POV************

Why would Emily choose to hang out with Lewis instead if waiting for me to wake up? I sighed already knowing the answer.

She looked at Lewis the way I looked at Jacob. If I had had the choice I would have stayed back with him.

Of course I didn't think Eve would have liked that. Simon and her were certainly getting close.

I wasn't planning on telling Emily that. She wouldn't be happy knowing that her sister was getting friendly with someone after her old boyfriend.

I took off after the other two. It was surprising how fast Emily could run. It wasn't her skin that made her that fast. She had always loved to run everywhere.

I had a duty to keep Emily away from Lewis. Even if it made her hate me I didn't want her to get hurt.

I was glad that I had changed my skin last month. I had gone from a brown haired girl in a dress into a brown haired girl in a walrus sweatshirt, skinny jeans, and sneakers.

(SOME RUNNING AND PIG HUNTING LATER)

**********EMILY'S POV************

We made our way back to the yogcave, inventories full of uncooked piggy meat.

There was some obvious tension between Alexis and Lewis and I had no clue what to do about it. CURSE MY ANTISOCIAL NATURE!

"Sooooooo... What are we going to do after we cook up all this meat?" I asked, not sure of what else to say.

"I think four of us could make plans while the fifth watches your other friend," Lewis offered.

"I'll watch Jacob,"Alexis said a little bit to quickly.

I raised my eyebrows. It was obvious she had a crush on Jacob and I had known for a while, even if she hadn't told me.

"Just because I don't want to hang out with them," Alexis said, trying to cover up her slip up.

I smirked, "sssuurree."

She blushed and pushed her way past us, "shut up," she mumbled before slamming the door in our faces.

"MRRRROOWWW," I giggled reopening the door only to see her halfway down the mine.

I sighed, why couldn't she just tell me that she liked Jacob. It was kinda obvious, she wasn't that good at hiding.

I walked through the door and saw Simon and Eve making their way up the stairs.

"Hey guys!" Simon exclaimed happily.

AUTHORS NOTE - WOOO CHAPTER 8