Chapter 12

I bounced up in excitement before sprinting over to the chest, "Come on! there is lots to do!"

I heard Lewis chuckle and turning around I saw him roll his eyes. I crossed my arms, about to playfully chastise him but he held up his hands apologetically. I giggled at him before pulling out a piece of paper and some ink and writing up a list.

Jacob's POV -

I didn't understand why she would want to hang out with that Lewis guy instead of coming after her own BEST FRIEND! I mean i know she didn't hate the yogscast as much as Alexis did but I was her second best friend! My thoughts were interrupted by a weak voice from behind me.

"J-Jacob?" Alexis questioned.

My eyes flickered over to her and I immediately brightened up, "Hi!"

She smiled weakly, had she been crying?

"Why would you care if i was crying?" she spat.

Did I say that out loud? Sh**!

"Because you're my friend!" I said walking over.

She looked at the ground before muttering something incomprehensibly.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting down besides her.

She shook her head and looked up at me, "Nothing," She sighed, "It's not really your fault..."

I heard her mutter something that sounded like, "You cant control who you like."

"I can't control what i what?" I asked in terror, did she know!

She blushed like crazy and looked away, "Nothing! I said nothing!"

I raised my eyebrows at her but dropped the subject.

"Sooooooo do you want to come back and see Emily and Lewis," I asked, i didn't like the idea of leaving Emily alone with him.

"Why is it always about Emily with you! Maybe I don't want to hang out with her!" She suddenly erupted.

I jumped a little in surprise, "B-But Emily is your friend... Right?" I stammered.

She sighed sadly before answering, "Of course she is.... Lets go."

Alexis's POV -

It wasn't right for me to get angry at Jacob. It wasn't his fault he would rather be with her than me... It was so obvious that she was probably the only one who was naive enough not to notice. Of course he hadn't told any of us but still...

"Here we are!" Jacob's happy voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I pulled on a fake smile and followed him through the door, I should just move on its obvious he will never like me more than her...

When we entered there was no one in the main room but there was loud noises coming from down in the mine. I smiled and made my way down the stairs, Jacob hot on my heals.

It didn't take long until we reached a hole in the wall. Emily had always been a pretty good builder and it was evident she had been building an underground fortress. It was coming along nicely and I saw her head peep over one of the mini walls

"Hey Alexis! Hey Jacob!" She chirped.

I smiled until I saw another her face appear besides her.

"Hello!" He laughed in a British accent.

Looking over at Jacob I noticed his face drop. I swallowed my jealousy and made my way over to the small castle. This was going to be a long night...

(A/N) - Hello people that actually read this random place which has no useful info! I really love reading all of your comments! They always make me smile :D! Anyways I probably will be posting on the weekend too! BIES

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it