Chapter 24: No Ragerts

"...such an ill mannered girl!"

"...stay in your place..."

"We only want what's best for you."

That's all I could hear in my head. All day and all night. The only question I had was why. Why didn't she tell me the specific pages that were important to her? Why did they think I was incapable of doing anything? Why couldn't they just accept my mistake and find the good in it? Why me?

I could literally hear the answer she'd give me...

"Open your eyes. In a matter of time every story will tell itself."

But you know what? It doesn't matter anymore. They don't matter anymore. Who needs a bunch of old geese to slow you down when you can fix things just as good, if not better, in a more logical and efficient manner? I'm done working with-- no, for them.

That's why I'm looking for more minions-- er...I mean...recruits. And I know just where to find them.

"Hello Earthlings. What's on the agenda for today?"

"Nothing much, just a couple quizzes here and there, but we should be clear of any major plans for the next week," spoke Veronica.

"Great, so that means we're still on for our Smash Bros. rematch this weekend?" inquired Tom.

"Yes, and we'll crush you just like we did last time. P.K. FIRE!" Veronica shouted. It wasn't that alarming considering the noise level in the cafeteria. She then proceeded to kiss both of her biceps, like the macho woman she was, before taking her place daintily in her seat.

She could be so weird at times.

But that was all the confirmation I needed; that they weren't about to do anything this weekend, anything important that is.

Phase two was now in effect.

I used the rest of my lunch time to act interested in their discourse, and get to know them as much as I could. I would need to maintain the closest relationship I could achieve for what I had planned.

On my way to my locker, the one and only Carmen appeared by my side.

"Oh look. If it isn't little miss perfect," she spoke bitterly.

"Hello Carmen. What can I do for you?"

"What can you do for me? Well, it would be nice if you could manage keeping my name out of your mouth."

I grabbed my books for fifth period, and turned towards my accuser. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't been talking bad about you behind your back," I sighed. I didn't have time for this girl, I had much better things to do.

"Oh so you mean to tell me that my new best friends are untrustworthy? That you are more of a perfect match for me than they are?"

"Yes that's exactly what I mean, Carmen," I began sarcastically, "You should never trust strangers, Little Riding Hood."

"Explain this!" she exclaimed as she shoved one of the latest touch screen gadgets into my nose.

An audio playback was displayed on its sleek, glass interface.

" 'I...well...It's Carmen. And...pretty much everything else that's been happening.'

'What else has been bothering you, if you don't mind me asking?' "

"I don't know what's wrong with you, lady, but there nothing wrong with longing to be reunited with your best friend! We go way back, Carmen, and I don't like what you've become. You're the exact opposite of what you always dreamed to be. You've been by my side through all of those hard times, and I'm not about to lose you and all my other friends to a stupid loser!" I defended myself.

The hallways suddenly became eerily quiet. I was too distracted to even take notice. Who am I to wish for the acceptance into this cruel world?

I heard a sniffle, followed by the hushed whispers of bystanders. My head whipped around to find a very pale-looking Nina.

"I was just about to ask you if you'd like to come to my party in a couple weeks, but I see that I'm not wanted around here," spoke the 'frail' being.

I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched onto my books for dear life, as if it would wake me up from this terrible nightmare. I was fine reliving any other scenario than this-- being torn to shreds by an undiscovered creature, losing my phone/wifi signal, even the all too familiar coming-to-school without-any-clothes dream.

This was all I needed to send my ranks KERPLUNK down the depths of the vast Pacific Ocean.

She amped up her exit with nerve wracking sobs and a dash towards the guidance office.

"Looks like you've got your payback already planned out. Let's just hope that fate disciplines you in the future, 'cause if it's left to me you'll be sorry." That Cheshire Cat swayed her hips and walked away.

I already saw those kids who recorded my latest outburst, so I knew there were more edits to come. I rounded the corner on the sidewalk outside, and stopped to pick up a blue bike. I was going to skip school, and steal a bike. I'm such a rebel.

Author's Note:

I am so terribly sorry about this extremely late update. I've had this written for weeks (or maybe months now) and I just stopped writing because I didn't have any inspiration. I have the rest of this story already planned out, and it's taken me months to write this much!! I'm hoping to have this finished by next year. Please let me know if you're reading so I will have a reason to write. :-)