Chapter 2: Grandma??

Once I had reached my home, I hurriedly pulled the front door open before rushing to the living room.

There, sat on the couch, was my brother busily tapping away on his phone. He hadn't even noticed that I had walked in.

"What's happened? I didn't just run all the way over here to find out that you were joking, David."

"I'm not joking. Mom and dad are on their way to tell us what has happened," he told me.

I just sat there silently awaiting my parents' return. When they finally entered the living room, they wasted no time on sitting down and talking with us.

"Sorry about our late arrival, we were stuck in traffic," my dad said to us.

My mother began, "We have just gotten the message that something terrible has happened."

"Like what?" David asked them just as curious as I was.

"It's your grandmother," dad told us, very vaguely might I add.

"What about her? Is she okay?" I asked, desperate to hear some sort of an answer. She meant a lot to me for many different reasons.

"She admitted herself into the hospital. The doctors haven't contacted us, yet, about her current condition. This is all of the information we know," he explained to us.

A few moments later, the house phone rang. Knowing that it may be the doctors, I motioned towards the phone to ask my parents for permission to answer the call. When they nodded, I cautiously put the phone to my ear.

"Hello. Is this the family of Maya Stone?" asked a voice on the other end of the line.

"Yes," I answered back, "This is Jasmine Stone speaking."

"Okay. Well, after a little testing and x-raying, we have finally come to a conclusion..."