Chapter 4: Farewell

Days later...

It had been a few hours after the funeral, and we were currently at our house. The church where the funeral took place was set up very nicely, and the decorations were truly beautiful.

Some of our relatives and closest friends wanted to speak with one another about the wonderful life of my grandmother, Maya. She would be forever remembered for her kindness and generosity towards nearly every person she met.

My friends were here to cheer me up as much as they possibly could, but I didn't even notice it. I, of all people, seemed to take her death the hardest, even though she was my father's mother. She was a source of happiness and an exemplary advisor for many reasons, the main one being that I could relate to her. My entire family has helped me through hard times, but grandmother had a huge impact on my personality and life qualities because of our shared abilities. Only she knew my secret...

I wasn't much of a crier, so I liked to be alone when I was troubled. I trudged up our carpeted staircase to my room on the second floor. Once I had entered my room, I silently shut the door. I hated that I was shutting my friends out, but I needed alone time.

When I told them about what had happened, they were just as upset as I was. Maya was like a second parent, er- grandparent to them. Everyone was so shaken up that we had to cancel our plans on Saturday.

I placed my headphones onto my head and put on some music from my favorite artists. Music helped me to forget about the world around me and focus on the beats and meaningful song lyrics that I heard.

The Wanted's songs were some of my favorites. I remember when my grandmother told me about how she got a T-shirt at one of their concerts, with her great-grandmother! Believe it or not, she's went on many unbelievable adventures of her own when she was around my age...

I was in the middle of listening to Heartbreak Story by The Wanted, when there was a soft knock on my bedroom door.

"Hey honey," my mother spoke from behind the door, "I wanted to let you know that we have an important meeting tomorrow about grandma's finances. All of us will be in attendance."

'Ok. Thank you, mom," I replied back.

Well, that made me feel special.

Author's Note:

Salutations! Maya Stone sure had a lot of great adventures.. If you want to know more about her adventures, then don't forget to check out my first book, The Curse. It is listed under my book list titled "My Stories". Thank you for your reads, and don't forget to vote and comment on my story!!!