Chapter 2

At first, I froze. But as soon as I processed the situation my instant reaction was to punch the mask right off of their face but when I tried a familiar voice cried out for me to stop. I recognized his dark brown hair and blue eyes. It was my friend Nathan.

"What the hell are you doing?" He yelled.

"Shit, sorry I must have had a hallucination." I replied.

I haven't had much sleep lately fearing that one terrible dream and had been having frequent hallucinations about the stuff that went down a few days ago.

"What kind of drugs have they been giving you?" He asks with a smirk.

"Not a whole lot." I reply casually.

He begins to drive.

"Do you wanna hang out today are do you just wanna go home?" He asked.

"Just take me home but you can chill at my house if you want." I say.

"Okay." He replies.

After what seems like no time at all, we get to my house. We walk into my house and I quickly lock the door.

He says "Dude seriously?"

"You can never be too careful." I shrug.

He then asked me if I had any alcohol in the fridge. I told him it was on the bottom shelf last time I saw it. He is a only a few month older than me, he is still 17 like me. I don't usually drink but at a party or sometimes home alone I will pop open a beer can and drink it all in one gulp.

I told him I would be right back and went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. I haven't seen myself in a mirror in days so when I saw my short light brown hair and my muscular arms, I found some reassurance. As soon as I walk out of the bathroom my phone rings. It is from an unknown caller.

"Hello?" I ask whoever's on the other line.

"Hello Anthony." Says an strange voice.

"Who is this? " I asked.

"What you should be more worried about is where I am in your house." Says the voice.

I run over to where Nathan is and put the voice on the speaker.

"Now let's play a good old game of hiding and seek." He says. "What if we don't play?" Says Nathan pulling out his phone to call the cops.

"Then I will gut you like a pig." The voice says with a snicker.

Stunned Nathan dials 911 and tells the operator what is going on. I grab his arm shaking.

"We need to get out of here." I whisper to him.

"Right behind you." Says Nathan with a nod.

We run over to the door but suddenly the voice says "I have a surprise for you look upstairs."

"This isn't funny, you're sick." Nathan says the him.

"Well it's not like you can leave." He chuckles.

I run to then door and It won't open.

"Shit." I mutter to myself.

I grab a kitchen knife and head upstairs. Nathan shouts for me to come back downstairs but I don't. I then convince him to go upstairs with me. I try to turn on the light but as soon as it comes on the lights in the house go out. I get my flashlight app on my phone up and notice a stain of blood leading directly to my mom's room.

I walk into the room and see You should've been an abortion! written in blood.

I then notice my mom hanging from the ceiling fan with a rope around her neck and a chair kicked over about a foot away. I can't breath and the room starts spinning around. I just can't comprehend that she would do that to herself. Then I let out a loud cry. I punch the wall until my knuckles bleed. I hear the cops knocking on the door and see human shaped figure go out of the window.

____________________________________