Chapter 18

*Hey sorry for not uploading in a while I have been really busy and had extreme writers block but now I'm back! Next chapter will be uploaded This Wednesday  Make sure to vote and leave a comment down below telling me what you think of my book so far!*

I'm speechless. Did he just say what I think he just said?

"You can't be," I say.

"Look I know it's a lot to take in but you just need to calm down," he says.

"How do You know, that you're my brother?," I ask.

"I found out when I was looking through your files. I then did a background check and found out you were my brother.

"Why were you doing a background search on me and why were you looking through my files?," I ask.

"That's not important right now," he says.

"I think it is also why did you just decide to show up here tonight without a message or anything.

"Look I know your confused and probably angry but you just need to relax," He says slowly.

"Don't tell me to relax, I just found out that you are my brother and have been keeping this a secret the whole entire time!" I yell at him.

"Look," he starts to say but I cut him off.

"When did you find out about this?" I ask.

"I just found out about 2 weeks ago about the same time when Eric went to court," He replies.

How do I know he's telling the truth. For all, I know this could all be a part of the killer's twisted game but in order to win this game, I have to trust somebody right?

"Just leave!," I yell at him.

I can't trust him. It's weird how just a moment ago I was talking to the killer and then he pops up. The only 2 people I can really trust right now is Emily and Nathan, The last few months Emily has been helping me try to find out who the killer is and Nathan has been with me from the start of this whole thing.

"Just please let me explain," He pleads.

"No just leave Thomas!," I tell him.

Without arguing he turns and walks to the front door.

"Thanks for the clothes," He says and walks back into the stormy night.

I grab my phone and call Emily. I tell her all that just happened including the killers call and also officer Carter's secret.

"You need to come over right now," I say.

"Okay I'm on my way.," she says.

Her voice is soothing and warm. She's an amazing girl and I think I'm starting to like her but I can't because of what happened just a few months ago. Nobody can replace Casey. She was just simply perfect. I can still see her standing in front of me laughing at a dumb joke I said. She had the best smile you could ever imagine.

A knock at the door breaks my day dream.

"Who is it?," I call out.

"It's Caitlyn," the voice calls put.

"Why is Kaitlyn here I think to myself. I thought she was out studying with Nathan," I think to myself.

"Coming," I say.

I open the door and see her standing there shivering because of the storm.

"Come in," I say, helping her inside.