Chapter 8

Five mins later I light a cigarette. I don't really smoke but I find a guy standing outside smoking and ask him for a cigarette. I start walking around the cemetery smoking a cigarette and holding an umbrella. I finally start to calm me down. If Casey saw me in this state she probably would be worried about me. I hear footsteps behind me and see Emily coming towards me. I quickly drop the cigarette on the ground and stomp on it. 

"I know what you were just doing", she said.

 I don't think I can talk to anyone right now I try to speak but all that comes out is a mumble.

 "I know your hurt right now but he id a better state right now", She says.

 "You think you are the first person who has told me that Emily", I snap at her.

 "I am just trying to help you feel better", she says sadly.

 I feel so bad now and I apologize to her. We sit on a nearby bench. Just the two of us alone. 

"Remeber that time when Casey was so worried when you didn't show up to school for one day", she says with a smile on her face. 

" She thought I was dead", I say laughing.

 I can't believe I am laughing at a funeral. When I imagine a funeral I am image people sad and no sign of happiness but here I am laughing and smiling. God, I haven't smiled in a week I forgot what it was like to feel happy.

"It helps to think about the good in things instead of the negative. It's what helps me get through each day", She says.

 Then we just sit there silently. She then puts her head on my shoulder and starts to cry. I hug her tight and tell her everything is going to be alright. She then says,

" We need to go back in". I agree and walk back into the funeral home and sit down.

 "I don't think I will be able to talk in front of all of these people", I say.

 She tries to comfort me but it doesn't work. Every second goes by really fast. I guess because I am dreading to go up in front of every and give my eulogy. Before I know it's time. I slowly walk to the front. I feel that everyone is staring at me. Like their eyes are giving me the death stare. I finally, after what seems like years get up to the front.

"Hi my name is Anthony and I was Casey's boyfriend", I say.

"She was an amazing girl, she smiled every day and me never once saw her complain about anything". At the last word, I start to cry. 

"She didn't deserve anything, None of it".

 "I feel some of it is my fault and for that I am so sorry that I wasn't their case", I say looking at her. I can't say anymore so I say thank you and walk off.

After the funeral, my friends and I go to eat out and olive gardens.

Most of the time at the restaurant we sit there and laugh about the good times. When the waiter comes in we order calamari, which was Casey's favorite appetizer. We then start to talk about serious issues.

 "So who do you think the killer is?", asked Eric.

 "It could be anyone, for all we know it could be our math teacher, Ms.Quinton," I say. 

"Guys maybe the killer just wanted to kill two people to get back at one or all of us" replies Emily.

 "Nobody puts on masks and commits a murder like that twice or 3 times in Anthony's case, the real question is who is next?" says Nathan.

"Who would do such a horrible thing to good people like us?", says Mia. 

As soon as she says that I get a text from the guy/girl behind it all the killer. It read: Each one of you guys committed a sin and I just cleanse the world. Ps: I am somewhere outside the restraunt.