Chapter 15

Simone p.o.v

I was jerked awake by Janelle shoving me off of the seat where I lay.

"Get up! Come on now!" Janelle yanked Cat and I up and instructed us to follow her off the plane. As we got off I noted that we were on another deserted runway with the exception of a back car with tinted windows. Janelle nodded at the pilot and we stood back as the plane took off. Her phone rang and she pulled it out as she pointed to the car,

"Get in. Now."

We headed straight to the car.

"Talk to me." Janelle snapped as she answered the phone.

"I'm going to run." Cat whispered to me.

"Don't, there's no where to go out here." I whispered back.

"If we get in that car she's probably going to take us to some underground cave or some shit."

"We'll get our chance to run just wait, she had a gun on her don't take that chance." I whispered urgently. Cat glanced at me then took off running down the runway.

"Shit!" Janelle cursed and hung up her phone before she ran after her. A few yards down she caught up to Cat and tackled her onto the ground.

"Help somebody help us pleaseee"! Cat cried out.

"Stop struggling you stupid bitch." Janelle tried to stay on her as Cat wriggled and kicked. She slammed her head onto the ground and Cat fell limp. Janelle kept hitting her.

"Stop! You're going to kill her!" I yelled. I ran in their direction. Blood was pouring from Cats nose and there were splatters of it on the pavement and Janelle's hoodie. She looked up at me and squinted,

"Didn't I tell you to get in the fucking car? Go get in now." She yelled.

"We have to get her to a hospital you hit her head!" I felt tears building up.

Janelle stood up and stomped while throwing fake punches in the air.

"You bitches just stomp don't punch listen!" She pulled a gun from her waistline and waved it in my direction wildly.

"You think I care about her? About her life??" Her voice was a shrill now and it sent chills down my spine. I froze under her icy stare.

"Go get in the goddamn fucking piece of shit ass car before I shoot both of you in your faces!" She aimed the gun down at Cat. "You have 5 seconds. Five..... Four...."

My legs felt like lead. I tried to open my mouth to speak.

"Three.... You're playing with fire baby... Two...."

Move or she'll shoot! My subconscious screamed at me. I snapped back to reality.

"One." Janelle aimed the gun at me and took the safety off. I turned and ran in the direction of the car. Bang! I screamed and fell to the ground as one of the taillights shattered.

"Hurry up!" Janelle barked, "Or the next one will be in your brain."

I crawled to the car and managed to get inside. My legs felt like jello now. I opened the car door back up and threw up on the ground. I wiped my face and watched through the windshield as Janelle paced in front of Cat. She pulled out her phone and made a call. Once she hung up she hauled Cat off the ground. She carried her to the car and pushed her onto the backseat with me. Cat groaned.

I pulled off my shirt and held it under her nose to stop the blood that was now all over her face. Janelle looked at us in the rearview mirror and wrinkled her nose. Then she cranked up the car and drove away.