Chapter 14

"Ava!!" Zoë shouted from outside. "Come onn!"

I took one last look round the apartment and ran out the door. When I got to Zoë's car, she smiled and helped me with my suitcases.

"We have to be quick, he could be back any minute."

We were just putting my final bag into the boot and heard a car pull up next to us.

"AVA? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Sean yelled.

"Quick Zoë, drive!"

We both jumped into the car and she sped off. I looked back and saw Sean getting back into his car and starting up his car.

"We're going to have to lose him."

"Don't worry, we'll just go down the long way. There are plenty of little lanes that anyone could get lost in."

We carried on driving slightly over the speed limit, Zoë weaving in an out of traffic until I finally couldn't see Sean's car again.

"I think he's gone now, Zo."

"Okay, I'll drive to my house now."

I looked out the window and stared at all the shops rushing past.

"Hey Ava, I never apologised for blowing up on you and Joe. It was wrong of me to do and I didn't listen to your side of the story."

"Oh Zoë, it's okay. Congratulations on the engagement by the way." I smiled at her. "It's a beautiful ring."

"I know, Alfie did a good job. Oh here we are!"

Zoë pulled up by a beautiful modern house with a high wall running all the way around it.

"I love your house!"

"Thank you! All my family helped me pick it. It was Joe's...oh my god!"

"What? Zoë are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just remembered something, that's all."

We walked up the path and Zoë unlocked the door.

"I'M HOMEE!" She yelled. "Come into the kitchen Ava."

She took my hand and pulled me through. I saw a pair of shoes by the door that I thought I recognised.

"Zoë , does Alfie live here too?"

"Yeah, we moved in together last month. That's why there are so many boxes everywhere!" She laughed.

Suddenly, we heard a pair of feet running down the stairs.

"Zoë , did you call me?" Said a voice I knew so well.

Zoë looked at me in panic as Joe came into the kitchen.

"Zo, where's the..." He looked at me and stopped. "Ava?"

"Hello Joe." I said quietly. "How are you?"

"Good, but why are you here?"

"Sean got dangerous, so I left. With Zo's help." I smiled at her and looked back at Joe.

"What did he do to hurt you?" Joe clenched his hand into a fist and I could see his knuckles getting white.

"He hit me a few times, but mainly didn't let me leave the house."

"Oh Ava, I'm so sor..."

He was interrupted by a knocking at the door.

"I'll get it, you guys go in there"

She went through to the hall, leaving Joe and I alone. We heard Zoe open the door and gasp.

"WHERE IS SHE, I KNOW SHE'S HERE." yelled Sean.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"Don't worry, go through there. I'll take care of it." Joe whispered back, and he pushed me into a smallish living room.

"Excuse me, I need you to leave." Joe said.

"No, I'm not leaving without my girlfriend."

"She's not your girlfriend, and she's not here. If you don't leave, I'll have to make you."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really." Joe said, and I heard a punch.

I gasped and ran to the door, and looked through the keyhole. Sean was still reeling from Joe's punch, fiery anger in his eyes.

"Why you little.."

Sean pushed Joe into the kitchen counters, and punched him.

I couldn't watch anymore, so I went and sat on the sofa, and put my hands over my ears. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

------------------------------------------
Hey guys!
So you know I said I was writing another fanfic? It was originally about Kian Lawley, but recently I've rediscovered my love for Shawn Mendes, so my new fanfic is about him 😉
I've tried to make a proper cover for it, and I have no idea how I did but at least I tried😂😂
I'll write a few more chapters, and finish this story, and then I'll put the first chapter out.

I'm so excited for the new story guys, I've planned it and it has a better storyline than this one!

But I hope you liked this chapter, sorry it was a bit short.

Don't forget to vote for this chapter, and if you have any ideas for this story that you want to happen, message me on twitter: @m0onlitmendes_ or on wattpad.

Thank you for reading and I love you,

~Anna (moonlitmendes _)
P.s You look so beautiful today 😘😘

p.p.s
sorry guys a mini rant here. I've been changing my twitter username to the same as my wattpad username and moonlitmendes is taken and it's so ANNOYING. I really liked this username and I have to put a zero in it now 😭😭😭😭