Chapter 14: Trost's Moonlight

----

The day of the City Visiting and Feeding Program;

Erwin's POV

It has been two days since Minami came to my office and give me the King's letter.

*flashback*

"This is my Father's last request. He will die in a month or two. Being His only heir, I cannot disobey his last wish." Said Minami. She cannot make contact with my eyes as it widen in shock after reading the letter.

Minami is accompanied with His father's Adviser and two Military police. I get it. She cannot show her real emotions because of them, they are here to report everything happened in here.

"Can you please leave us for a while?" I ask the King's Adviser.

"As you wish. We will be in outside the door, waiting." The King's Adviser said signaling his hand to the two guards to leave the office.

After they left. Minami bow her head on his lap. Her shoulder starts to shake. She is sobbing without sound, I think.

I stand up from my chair and walk to her. I kneel in front if her and start to pat her shoulder. She starts sob aloud, making me bite my lips and frown my eyebrows in sympathy.

"My father knows you a lot. He's been friend with you for more that a decade. He trust you so much that's why he chose you to be my husband. The next king..." She said while sobbing. Her tears flow out of her wet hands. Its painful to see a woman cries, especially being trap in a decision she does not want. It was painful for me, too. King Sugizawa is my friend and mentor, and hearing his near death is a stab in my heart. But, he's request is so hard to consider as well as hard to be declined.

"I.. I am lost of word now princess. I don't know how or what to say about this request. Seeing you like this makes my heart break, too. I know how much you love Levi and how happy you are together. And being Levi's friend, I cant make his heart break by marrying you. But, your Father is a dear friend of mine. Besides, he is THE KING. My Dying friend. I... I don't know what to do.." I said to her, still patting her shoulder.

"I know, commander.. Believe me.. I was confused as you are. My hearts stops when I think of Levi.. I .. I love him too much! I cannot break his heart! But.." Minami look up at me. Her eyes are swollen and red. Black circle surrounds it. Her tears never stops from flowing.

"But.. I .. Cant disobey my father.. I just.. Don't know what to do.." Her eyes look at mine like they were begging for answers, But I cant give her any. I need answers, too.

*flashback ends*

"Hey. Eyebrows..?" Hanji waves her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my floating mind.

"Ahh..yeah? Wha.. What did you say?" I shook my head and brush my eyes in disbelief. Showing my out-of-focus state in them is a shame to me.

"You Okey, commander? You've been out of focus lately?" Nanaba said.

We are in my office, talking about the help wall guards ask from us. There are a lot of titan trying to enter the metal net they put on the wall maria's opening while they were still constructing it. They send a letter to us asking for some helping hand to clear titans in the perimeters.

"You're pale, too. Are you sick?" Mike butt in.

"It is rare to see you looking ill" Levi said from across my seat. I can't look at him. I can't.