Fifteen: The Attack.

Dan's world stopped.

His eyes grazed over Phil's motionless body, almost ignoring the creature who was now on top of him, looking for a place to sink her fangs. Dan almost didn't care. The moment turned black and white as he stared at Phil, hoping for him to move, to blink, for his chest to move, anything. Anything to show he was alive. Dan didn't even want to think what would happen if Phil had . . . No.

Dan had seen all the Twilight movies, but were they like real life? Would Phil turn into a vampire? Stay 14 forever? His mom had made him watch them. Fuck, I should have paid attention.

Carbonaries was leaning over Dan, her hot breath on his neck, almost like she was teasing him.

"Hasn't anyone told you to not play with your food?" Asked Dan sassily.

"Do you really want your last words to be sarcastic ones, Howell?" She grinned at him, the blood dripping from her mouth prominent. When Dan realized it was Phil's blood, he almost boiled with anger.

How dare she touch my Phil. Mine. How dare she even look at my beautiful fucking flower. Don't touch him.

Dan gripped the vampire's shoulders with both of his hands and pushed her off. She was shocked at his defensiveness but quickly regained her composure.

"Itty," she whispered, running towards him, "bitty," she jumped on top of him, "baby."

Dan screamed.

Out of absolutely no where, a creature who seemed to be half-man, half-horse picked Carbonaries off of Dan with extreme ease, grabbing her by her clothes with his muscular arms.

Damn, Dan thought to himself. Wait, stop, flirt with the centaur later.

The man-horse threw the vampire on the ground, face up, and put one of his hooves on her stomach, almost threateningly.

"Ew, you again," he said with a deep voice. Dan thought he heard an American accent. The vampire grinned at him.

"Pete. Old frien - "

She was cut off by the centaur stepping on her stomach and throwing her far out of sight.
The centaur turned to Dan, sighed and muttered, "I cannot stand that fucking bat." Dan laughed.

"Me either. Thanks, Pete. You saved my life there."

Dan then turned to Phil and gasped. He was lying, unconscious, in a pool of his own blood.

"Oh no. Oh shit. Oh fuck. Oh . . . What other curse words are there?"

"Diddly darn."

"PETE."

Dan ran to his . . . he couldn't care to label Phil right now. He kneeled on his knees and tried to clot the blood with his hands, the metallic red liquid getting all over his pale hands. Dan almodt threw up. Guess that's another thing Bella and I have in common.

"Fuck, Phil, I'm sorry I let this happen. I'm so sorry. I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I don't care. Ugh, god, I love you so much. Please don't fucking leave. Phil. Please."

Pete was just kind of staring at them, when Dan cleared his throat and said, "Can you go get Headmistress McGonagall and Professor Longbottom, please?" Pete nodded and galloped off, leaving the two boys alone.

"God, Phil." Dan started crying. "You're fucking me up, real bad. . . Oh, sorry. I remembered you don't like it when I curse. I'll try not to. Pete is coming back, soon. He'll come back with help. You'll be alright, babe. You'll be just fine. I promise. Please just hold on. Please. Oh f- I mean, frick? Phil." Dan's tears were falling all over and staining Phil's robes even more.

"Dan."

________

A/N Sorry I haven't been posting every other day! (Not saying that sarcastically. Maybe only a little.) Sorry this chapter is like a filler. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I started school on Tuesday. I think I'll try to update every Sunday or Saturday. Ily'all so much!! Thank you for all your reads kisses kisses kisses. - Loren xx