Chapter 5

It seemed like a routine that repeated itself every time Canada seeked affection. He would approach Cuba, Cuba would think that he was America, sometimes hurt him, then realise his mistake and apologize. Only then did Canada get his kiss.

"Cuba?" Canada approached him from behind.

"America! I told you that I don't want to build a McDonalds in Havana!" Cuba snapped, throwing Canada into a wall.

"Cuba! I'm not-" he was cut off by a sharp pain. It took him about thirty seconds to realise that Cuba had just slapped him, "It's Canada!"

Cuba paused and looked at him.

"Wait, what?" His eyes widened in realisation, "Oh! I'm so sorry!"

He quickly helped Canada to his feet and wrapped his arms around him.

"It's... it's okay. Just... it would be great if you could learn to tell us apart." Canada said softly as he returned the hug.

"I know, I know. It's hard, though. I promise that I'm trying." Cuba sighed as he placed a kiss on Canada's forehead.

Canada looked away and nodded.

"Yeah, I know that it can be really hard to tell my brother and I apart since we're so similar." He said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone. Cuba didn't seem to catch it, though, and just initiated a kiss.

Sighing, Canada returned the kiss and wondered how long it would take for the world to realise that he exists.