Chapter 17

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Lithuania said nervously.

"Of course!" Poland grinned.

The two of them were sitting on the couch late at night, with Poland resting his head on Lithuania's chest as the latter had his arms around Poland's waist.

"But... what if he doesn't..."

"It's been plenty of time, Liet. I'm pretty sure that Canada would have gotten over Cuba by now. At this point, if he says no, it's because he's not interested to begin with."

"You're probably right..." Lithuania sighed, "Still, would it hurt to wait a bit more?"

"What if he starts dating someone else?"

Lithuania looked away for a moment before nodding.

"This seems so wrong." He muttered, "It feels like we're taking advantage of his vulnerability or something."

"How? All we're doing is asking him out."

"And talking about when to do it so that he's more likely to say yes."

"Everyone does that, Liet. You always worry so much!"

"Yeah... I guess..." A small smile graced Lithuania's lips and he leaned down to kiss Poland's cheek. "I guess that I'm just nervous."

"Geez, were you this nervous when you asked me out?"

"More nervous. I thought that I was going insane for having such strong feelings towards two separate people."

Poland laughed and leaned up to kiss Lithuania.

"How do you think I felt when I was, like, the only country that liked wearing skirts?"

"And now you're not...?"

"Now it's more of a common thing." Poland shrugged.

Lithuania's smile grew.

"I think it's cute." He whispered. Poland just smiled.