Chapter 21

After a few minutes, Estonia set down his cup heavily.

"Russia... you don't..." His voice trailed off and he sighed, "You're not upset about this, are you?"

Russia hesitated.

"I don't want to hurt you."

"If you were going to hurt me you would have done it by now." Estonia said bluntly, "You've been getting much better, Russia."

"No I'm not. I just haven't been within ten meters of anyone for the past six months."

Estonia looked up sharply.

"Are you for serious?! Why not?"

"Why do you think?" Russia smiled bitterly.

"You should have called me! Russia, you can't isolate yourself for a half of a year!"

"My boss seems to think that I can."

"Russia..." With a sigh, Estonia got up and walked around the table to wrap his arms around Russia's shoulders. "This isn't good for you. I don't care what your boss says. If you need to talk to someone, please call me. I worry about you."

Russia closed his eyes and rested his head on Estonia's chest.

"Da. I'll try."

Estonia leaned down and placed a kiss on Russia's cheek.

"Take care of yourself, okei?"

"Ya postarayus'.*"

"I don't like that you have to 'try'. What's stopping you?"

Russia hesitated.

"I'm not really used to talking to people, so I don't think of it at the right times."

Estonia rolled his eyes.

"Am I going to have to call you every week to check on you?"

A smile broke out onto Russia's face, probably his first real one in a long time.

"Nyet. That won't be necessary."  A pause. "Thank you, Eesti." He said, almost in a whisper.

"Hush, you." Estonia laughed, "What, pray tell, were you expecting me to say?"

'I wasn't expecting you to say anything.' Russia thought, 'I still keep expecting you to leave like everyone else.'

A/N: I hate these glossaries, but it might be necessary for this chapter.

*I'll try.

At any rate, apparently I have a new reader in New Zealand. Welcome and thank you for reading this story! (No, I'm not a stalker. It says on my demographic page where my readers are from.)