Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Ja'Kiya .

Homecoming in two days and I don't have my nails done or a pair of shoes. Tanisha jealous ass was bothering the shit out of me when we was shopping.  Fuck it, I'm bouta go on a lil' shopping spree and call it a day.

"Kiyaaaaaaaaa!" my momma screamed, interrupting my thoughts. She shole knew how to bust a nigga fucking eardrum.

"What?" I answered while walking down the stairs. She was listening to some old school music and cooking breakfast. Lawd, I loved mornings like this.

"Good morning, baby. Here's your plate."

I took the plate from her and looked over it. Grits, sausage, eggs, hash brown, and bacon filled it up. I smiled brightly, "Thanks, mommy."

We sat down at the kitchen table and my momma blessed our food. Both of us were quiet for a few minutes as we dug into our breakfast. She broke the silence first, "What you doing today?"

"Imma go shopping for my homecoming dress and get my nails done."

"I thought you got your dress already with Tanisha."

I rolled my eyes, "No, that bitch was getting on my damn nerves." I replied before realizing that I was talking to my momma. She laughed and shook her head at me.

"See, I told you I didn't care for her lil' fast ass. You just need to gon' head and cut her off," she said with disgust.  I laughed so hard I hit the floor. I loved the way me and my mom could talk about anything.

"Mommy, you play all day!" I said kissing her cheek and throwing my plate away. I heard her answering her phone as I ran upstairs. It was either my "daddy" desperate ass or one of her other niggas.

I jumped in the shower and played Pandora on my phone. I decided against washing my hair since it was already curly as fuck, stopping in the middle of my back. That's one of the few things my bastard of a "father" has given me.

See, my mommy and "daddy" were high school sweethearts. Aww! No, shut the fuck up! He had an addiction that did some damage.That nigga started doing coke and shit, my momma stood beside his ass. He caused them to lose their car and house, my momma stood beside his ass. He started beating her, my momma stood beside his ass and gave him a fight. Then, my momma got pregnant and he left. The fuck?

Long story short, he left my momma when she was nineteen and  two months pregnant. If you haven't caught on by now, no, I've never seen him and vice versa. However, my mom talks to him because he is drug-free and sends us money whenever we want.

I got out the shower and moisturized my body with Nivea. As I walked out my bathroom,  I saw my phone lighting up. I walked towards it and saw "That Nigga" on the screen, it was King. I didn't even pick the phone up, I didn't really feel like talking to him.

Today, I wanted everything to be about me, Ja'Kiya Nicole Banks. Fuck everybody else!

I opened my closet and skimmed the clothes inside. I was considering my gray and navy blue, stripped maxi dress with my jean jacket, and gold accessories. My toes were done so I was definitely wearing sandals.

I tossed my hair into a kinda neat bun and got dressed. No make-up but some cherry chapstick. I told my momma I was out and jumped into my 2012 white Maxima. That was another thing my "father" gave me. I put my sunglasses on and turned my music up.