Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

King

Man, being locked up was boring as hell. I honestly don't see how people do it. Every time I've ever came in here it was the same ole shit.

This nigga tried to take my booty, guess where that nigga at now? Dead. It's fucked up that I had to kill him, even while I'm incarcerated but that bitch made nigga should've known better.

It made my day when I talked to moms and 'Kiya yesterday. I'm glad to know 'Kiya had me on her mind, like she was on mine. When I called moms, and she was over there, I just knew she went to see what was up with me. And that shows she cares, which means she my ride-or-die.

I called my lawyer today and she informed me that today was my last day in this jail cell. I ain't question nothing she said, I'll leave the questioning for when I'm actually out this bitch, which shouldn't be too long from now.

Just as I laid my head on the little fucked up thing we were supposed to call a "bed", one of the guards came up to my cell and told me it was time for me to get out of here.

I walked out the building and it felt good to be out that bitch. I studied the car and realized that it was my lawyer, Stacy.

"What's up Stacy? Thanks for getting me out this shit." I looked at her, and realized how thankful I was to have this woman in my life. If it wasn't for her a nigga would stay locked up damn near every other week, and I wouldn't get out as quickly as they allowed me to.

"Hey King. No problem, you already know I got you when it comes to shit like this." She drove off, towards my moms house.

"So what's the catch this time? I got out too fast, because you know they be tryna hold a nigga up in there. They've been trying to catch my ass slippin' for the longest...they need to get off a nigga dick."

"Exactly, but there's no catch. I mean, yeah they found the weapons and drugs, but there was no evidence that the drugs or weapons were ever even touched or that they were even yours. Nothing had your DNA on it so they couldn't prove shit. That's why they let you out with no probation or nothing. Oh yeah, I just wanted to know that we could actually sue the cops that went into your home without you being there.

"It turns out they didn't have a warrant to search your home and that could be considered trespassing. They also..." Stacy continued on and on, and I just listened to her closely. The police be doing some fucked up shit, and that's why you can't trust em. I ain't gone even sue them though, because truth be told a nigga don't even give a fuck about all that right now. I'm just focused on seeing my family, and spending time with my girl.

I need to check in on the trap houses and shit too before the day over. A nigga was locked up for a week, and who knows what could've happened in that short period of time.

She pulled into my mother's driveway and I told her thanks once again, and gave her a hug. She told me she was in a hurry and drove off. I walked to the door and knocked on it. About three minutes later Keani opened it, smiling.

I walked in and everybody was in attendance. From my workers, to my siblings, my mom and her girl, Lay nem, and even 'Kiya was here. I smiled and greeted everybody. It feels good to be home.

My mama came up and hugged me. "I missed you baby." She kissed my cheek, and I smiled. They act like a nigga been gone for some years or months. I only been gone for a week, but shit, this is how we've always done it regardless of who went to jail. We always had a little get together on the day of their release.

"I missed you too, ma."

I looked around for Ja'Kiya and she was in the kitchen helping the girls cook. I'm glad to see she got along with all of them, and they crazy ass attitudes—I guess that's because she had one to match. I walked to the kitchen and wrapped my arms around her waist, from behind.