Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty .

Ja’Kiya

After King went back to sleep, I stayed awake thinking about his snake ass 'friend'. Like how fucking low down and dirty can a bastard get? All I can say is I'm happy King finding out now instead of finding out later. However, that shit just not sitting right with me.

From my understanding, King been knowing that little bitch for a minute now and that nigga just wanna up and try to fuck over bae? You know a bitch like me not about to let that happen! Niggas who betray get slayed. Simple as that.

As I continued to tire myself with my thoughts, King woke up from the brightness of the sun. He looked at me and I knew he automatically knew I didn't go back to sleep. He reached over and grabbed my hand, kissing it softly.

"You a'iight, bae?" He asked with a genuine look of concern.

I stared at him for a second and replied, "I'm good, just thinking, that's all."  And I gave him a small smile.

He hesitantly nodded his head and got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To fix you some breakfast so you can get your mind off that snake ass nigga," He replied with a wink and a smile.

Once he left the room, I got up and went to the bathroom to clean myself up. After seeing how crazy I looked in the wide mirror, I decided to pull my hair back in a high ponytail. I finished by washing my face and brushing my teeth.

I walked out of the bedroom and the smell of sausage filled my nostrils. I slid down the staircase railing and made my way into the kitchen.

I walked behind King and wrapped my arms around his waist, "Hey!"

He laughed as he flipped the sausages in the skillet, "Hey, baby."

"Breakfast smells nice."

“Well, thank you," he replied bowing.

I laughed and grabbed two plates out of the cabinet. King's kitchen was super big, but it was empty. He had a couple of plates and glasses here and there and some towels thrown around. I would bring up decorating, but we had something way more important to talk about.

King handed me a plate with sausage, grits, and eggs on it. "Bon appétit."

I laughed and thanked him. "So what we doing about this nigga Moose," I asked straightforwardly.

He sighed, "WE ain't doing nothing about him, I’ma handle that on my own. You just need to rest your pretty little head and let me take care of it all. You just got out the fucking hospital, 'Kiya."

"Shid! King, I already told you I'm helping whether you like it or not. That nigga fucked with me too!" He was starting to piss me off.

"You not doing nothing, Ja'Kiya Banks."

Oh, this nigga was trying to get serious, calling me by my full name. "Oh, I'm going, Lavonte Jones. Fuck outta here."

He looked at me intently, "A'iight, we gon' see."

"We surely will."

Later on that night, I went home and told my mom everything. I told her how King and I had the same dream and how his snake ass 'day one' was up to something. I even told her we were planning to murk that nigga. And guess what she said?!