Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Ja'Kiya .

Fucking right! My two favorite men were both free and I could not stop smiling. I felt complete once again, and complete felt good. However, I felt my happiness would disappear faster than it appeared.

My phone rang loudly on my bed as I was brushing my pearly whites. I walked out my bathroom, mouth full of toothpaste, and answered. It was my girl, Rachel.

"Hey, Raee."

"Hey, girl. What you doing?"

"Brushing my teeth. Hold on,"I said running back into the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth. I picked the phone back up,"Yeah, girl."

"So, uh, what you doing today?"

"Oh, nothing really. Why, you got something in mind?"

"Yeah, shopping!" She said excitedly. Shopping was our ultimate past time.

I laughed,"Okay. What time you wanna meet up?"

"I'm on my way over now," she replied and hung up the phone. My best friend was the craziest.

I walked over to my closet to look for something to wear. As I looked, I thought about how Lavonte got my fashion style so quickly. I really loved the fit he bought me the other day.

It was burning up outside, so I was wearing something cool. I decided on a plain white baby tee, some dark denim low-rise shorts, and a pair of Grape 5 Jordans. I put my clothes on the bed and went downstairs to get the door.

"Wassam, shawty? You look sexy even when you get outta bed." Rachel said when I opened the door. She had on a pink maxi dress, a light denim vest, and the Fendi shades she bought us for our best friend anniversary. Best friend looked cute.

"Hey, baby daddy!" I exclaimed in a ghetto voice, playing along.

We burst into laughter and embraced in a big hug. As we began walking upstairs, Uncle Big Mike was coming down with a robe and a food platter with two empty plates on it. "Good morning ladies."

"Good morning." We replied in unison and went to my room.

"Are they-?" Raee said and I finished.

"Girl, I think so!" I had a feeling my momma and uncle started fucking. I know he just got out of jail and needed some, but then again, was it before he went to jail, too? Lawd, my mommy love them Ethiopian niggas.

"Girrrrrrl, I don't even wanna know!" Raee said and I told her I agreed. She overlooked my outfit on my bed and smiled. "Bitch always tryna be cute!"

I grinned, "You mad, hoe?"

"Nah, you know I love yo' ass!"

"I do," I responded. I walked into the bathroom and let my big, curly hair down. I put a side part in it so it was more on one side than the other. I added plum lipstick to my lips and walked out to get dressed.

After I was dressed and ready, I sprayed on some perfume and grabbed my matching Fendi shades. I told my momma and uncle I was gone and left the house.

Rachel and I walked the mall talking about any and everything as we shopped. We laughed at the lame niggas that tried to holla and mugged the hoes that stared in our faces.

"Now Rachel, why you ain't talk to that boy?" I said dying laughing.

"Oh bitch, you tryna be funny, huh?"