18

"Woah! Calm down, Haz. It was just a joke." He responded, making his way back to his circle of "friends".

I scanned the group sat in the floor. The only people I recognized were Louis and some girl that mightve came here once.

After examining the kitchen, I pulled Rose beside me. Tugging her along as we made our way to the living room.

There were only about 20 people in there thankfully. I treaded across the room, taking in the surroundings.

There was a chandelier, a large one, handing from the ceiling that seemed to curve at an angle as if it were a peak. There was also large windows perched on almost every wall, opening the small space. A large fireplace and flat screen on the front wall. And placed oddly around the room were about 6 couches and recliners not counting the chairs and other available furniture set up everywhere.

I looked down at Rose as she let our hands fall to her side, gaping at the very modern decor of the house.

" You like it?" I asked knowing the answer.

She smiled, bobbing her head up and down.

Moments later we were sat on one of the couches, her leg draped over mine as she leaned back against the, unusually soft, leather.

I began to run my hand over her thigh as one of her hands had made its way to my mussed curls. Pretty soon she was casually twirling my hair as I did with the hem of her dress. Giving her goosebumps on her legs.

I smiled as she shook a little, the cold feeling making its way through her spine.

Suddenly she spoke. Not even acknowledging the rest of the guests. As neither was I.

"Harry...who was that? From earlier? Is that the guy who lives here?"

I didn't answer right away. Instead I sighed, not sure what to say.

"Well....to answer your question..no. That's not the guy who lives here. Well he does but he doesn't own it. Anyways, he's an old friend of mine....Louis Tomlinson."

She nodded. Satisfied with my answer.

"Lucky." She sneered, giggling as she sat up onto my lap.

"So who owns the place?"

I searched the room, trying to find him. Suddenly I saw a quiff of hair poke out from the crowd.

"Him......that's Zayn Malik." I pointed to him.

She followed my finger to the guy standing near the edge of the room. Laughing at some girl who was flirting with him.

"He looks nice."
She commented.

I cocked my head to the side, eyeing her gaze intently as she focused on him.

"Not really..." I mumbled. But she didn't hear me.

All of a sudden I felt a weight being lifted from my thighs. I looked back up to find Rose standing, fixing her dress.

"Where are you going?" I asked dryly. She leaned down in front of me.

"I'm just going to go get something to drink." She replied, kissing me on the cheek. "I'll be back in a second."

As soon as the words left her mouth, I felt it. The uneasiness of her walking around on her own.

"Maybe I should come with you."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Why?"

"I just....I don't feel very, you know.....comfortable... Leaving you alone in here dressed like that."