Chapter 15 - Call it Love for the Last Time

[[ :) ]]

--

•Kellin's POV

"And we are back to good ol' Florida." Vic smiled.

I tried to smile back but I was starting to get extremely anxious. My hands were shaking and Vic seemed to notice.

"We're going to be alright, okay?" His hand held mine and his thumb was gently rubbing over my knuckles.

Ha.

I smiled and nodded, turning my gaze back to out the window where the plane was slowly coming to a stop.

--

I tilt my head upward at the gigantic sign that read "Customs" hanging from the tall ceiling.

Vic gave me a knowing look as I tried to calm down.

We were standing in line when a man in a officer looking uniform came over with a cart which had our bags on it.

"Good afternoon, these are your bags, correct?" The officer asked. I looked at Vic. He looked extremely worried.

"Yes they are, is there a problem officer?" Vic stated calmly.

"Do you mind coming with me for a few moments? We just have to search your bag, no biggie." He smiled.

I knew this wasn't anything routine. I know that they don't just pick random people out of line and search their bag. There had to be a reason. And in this situation, I hope there was no reason for him to pull us out of hundreds of people.

We followed to him to a large metal table in the corner of the customs area. He picked up my bag first and set it on the table.

He unzipped it and looked through the folded clothes, gradually taking them out and setting them on the table. He examined the empty suitcase and pursed his lips together.

I looked at Vic. He didn't look back.

The officer proceeded to put the clothes back into the suitcase. He did the same exact thing with Vic's.

"Guys please come with us for a moment, We're going to take you guys to a private room and ask you a few questions."

I didn't even notice another officer was standing next to him.

"Okay." Outside I was calm but inside I was slitting my own throat.

"I love you." Vic mouthed.

--

Click.

I was handcuffed to a bench.

They took Vic to a different room. I don't know where we are but this room just has a bench, a couple chairs, a desk, and a large table much like the one in the customs area.

They picked up my suitcase and dropped it on the metal table. I felt sick to my stomach.

"You packed your own bag, Mr. Quinn?"

"Yes."

"Alright, go ahead C."

A different officer, who I assumed was C, unzipped my suitcase and removed all the clothes it contained.

I was confused until he pulled out a sharp object, much like a knife but smaller and straighter.

Fuck my life.

Stab.

From my view and what I saw, he stabbed the bottom of the suitcase. No reaction.

Stab.

The lining. No reaction.

Stab.

The sewing. No reaction.

Crack.

The plastic rim of the suitcase was ripped off. A scrunching noise was heard.

Inside the plastic rim, a block of something was removed. It looked like it was covered in black duck tape.

This was the end. They already knew.

Stab.

My eyelids slammed shut.

I heard a small chuckle. I opened my eyes and what was on the small sharp tool was a powder. It wasn't white, it was an off white, a light yellow color. What the fuck?

The officer pulled out a small plastic thing, I wasn't sure what it was. He opened it and crushed something inside of it between his fingers, and took the powder and dumped it inside.

He shook it.

Purple. It turned purple.

I don't know what that meant. But tears filled my eyes.

"Mm." He showed off the tester to all the officers in the room. They seemed to have a little celebration.

Panic wasn't even existent in me yet. I was in shock. Especially when he walked over to me and said,

"Heroin?"