Day 7: M*A*S*H Compound, Swamp, 2000 Hours

That night, Jess walked into the Swamp, hardly moving her arm, and of course Hawkeye noticed.

"Jess, are you okay?" Hawkeye asked Jess as she sat on her cot.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jess lied. "Why?"

"You sure?" B.J. asked Jess out of curiosity.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Jess lied again.

Hawkeye noticed that Jess was lying but he didn't bring it up even though Jess's lying was very noticeable.

Winchester walked in and Jess immediately tensed up, and he noticed. Jess walked out and Hawkeye followed after her with a glare at Winchester.

"Jess," Hawkeye called, going after her.

Jess didn't hear Hawkeye, she just kept running. She reached the helicopter pad and dropped to her knees as Hawkeye caught up to her. He noticed Jess crying and stood there in silence for a while.

"Jess?" Hawkeye said, sitting on the ground beside her.

Jess didn't say anything because of the tears. Hawkeye realized that something had gone wrong with her today while she was in post-op.

"Why did he have to grab my arm?" Jess said, her voice shaking as she tried to control her tears.

"I'm not sure why he did that, Jess, but from now on Beej and I will make sure that Winchester won't come near you," Hawkeye promised Jess as he hugged her.

Hawkeye wanted to tell Jess that she was his niece, but he refused to until Dalli got better.