Garl, News from Telyn, and Celidan's Resolve

Garl

    Garl, Drannoth, and Zhadozin teleported into Stonekeep’s main plaza on one of the central levels among a group of thirty Guardians led by Anselm who were looking for any Pathers that might have been overlooked. They all jumped back and went for their weapons when they saw the teleportation flash and three figures emerge from it. They knew that only allies could come through Reathan’s protective embrace, but after what had happened with Azdor and Issokan, they were nervous as Guardians at Stonekeep never had been, the Pathers had done well to harm the Order.

    Anselm peered at them and said to the Guardians, “Hold your blades!” He then walked closer and saw Garl, “Garl? What are you doing here?”

    Garl smiled, “I am glad to see you again, Anselm, but I have come to speak to Noxx and Garigh.”

    Anselm sighed and looked at Drannoth and Zhadozin, and then he looked back at Garl, “I do not know if Elder Garigh is available and I don’t know where Noxx Bastion is. You’ve come at a very bad time, my friend.”

    Garl arched an eyebrow, “Why, what has happened?”

    Anselm sighed and signaled to the other Guardians to continue their search, he turned back to Garl, “Azdor and his ‘True Path’ tried to murder Elder Garigh and frame Noxx for it. They nearly succeeded and they would have; if it hadn’t been for Noxx.”

    “So, he makes himself known already?” Garl said with a smile.

    “He…has already made his mark…and he has only been here two days.” Anselm said, “But, I must get back to the search, we have rounded up all the Pathers and we are imprisoning them in their quarters. But, we are going to sweep through the fortress once more…please excuse me.” Then Anselm rejoined the others and they moved away from Garl, Drannoth, and Zhadozin.

    Garl felt a foreboding in his heart at the news he had just heard, he knew who was to blame. He smelled the stink of Rychid on it.

    “Garl?” Zhadozin asked, “What is going on here? I had always been taught that Stonekeep was impregnable?”

    Garl looked at Zhadozin, “It was, yes…but our enemies have found a way in. We need to find Garigh…we will start with his study. Come on.” Then the three of them headed down into the lower levels of Stonekeep.

    Drannoth was shocked at the beauty of the place. The sound of water was everywhere…he felt the life of the place. There was nothing like this at Twisted Spine. He felt a joy there that he had never known before. Even in their time of crisis, there was still a deep joy and an even deeper peace. Drannoth wondered if the ideas here could be destroyed, if all the Guardians lied dead and Stonekeep was a smoldering crater. He wondered if even that would kill the idea…the faith here. He smiled to himself and he knew the answer; there was nothing mighty enough on Veru to do that...not even the Bride herself.

    After Noxx had left, Eamonn had teleported himself directly to Garigh’s study. He found Garigh, Johnan and Edras there discussing what they should do in response to the Pathers who had escaped; they were the truly dangerous ones. They all looked up when Eamonn appeared.

    “Noxx is gone!” Eamonn said.

    Their faces showed the shock they all felt, “What? Where did he go?” Garigh asked, standing from his desk.

    Eamonn sighed and shook his head, “I don’t know. He opened an ethereal door and went through it. He said he knew where Adara was.”

    Johnan gave Eamonn an incredulous look, “That is another Elder power! How can he be that advanced! He is only an Advocate! Most cannot even teleport as a Judicator yet! This is insanity!”