To Telyn, Rale and Noxx, and Amna

To Telyn

    In the middle of the carnage of where the Pathers were, an ethereal door opened up and two figures emerged. No one noticed them at first, but then the incredible power of one of them quickly filled the battlefield. The Pathers all turned as one and saw them both.

    At Twisted Spine, a strange silence came on them all. They all looked at the globe with wide eyes. They could not believe what they saw.

    “Is this part of your plan?” Rellik asked, as his lower lip began to tremble in anger.

    Rychid glared at the globe with an intensity that looked like it would have burnt through stone, “No…it is not…” He turned to Rale behind him and nodded, “Kill him…”

    Rale narrowed his eyes and smiled, and then he disappeared.

    Back at Telyn, Azdor hissed an ancient curse and he turned to the other Pathers, “Kill them both! Hurry! Ignore all others!”

    The Pathers then turned and ran towards them. Matroclos had just slain many Dragons and was about to turn his attention to the airship, when he felt the power that had just come onto the battlefield. He trembled and then turned; he flew down towards the Power.

    On the airship Adara felt her scar begin to tingle, with tears in her eyes, she gently touched her scar and knew who had come. Eamonn and Rifte opened their eyes wide and both knew as well. Issokan stopped fighting the Ochrinans and he then jumped over the side of the airship. Anwar and his men watched in shock and relief as Issokan left.

    Anwar turned to Eamonn, “What has happened? Why did he leave?”

    “Don’t you feel it? A new Power has emerged! Noxx Bastion has come!” Eamonn said and they all ran to the left side of the airship and looked down. They saw the two figures that the Pathers and Matroclos were converging on.

    Noxx saw the Pathers coming and he narrowed his eyes, “Are you ready, Tarn?” He said without taking his eyes off the approaching armored figures.

    Tarn narrowed his eyes, “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a battle…let’s get started!” Tarn watched in amazement as Noxx seemed to disappear in a black blur.

    Noxx reappeared in front of the foremost Pather. His sword struck out and cut the Pather in half. The Pather fell separately. Another Pather came at Noxx and tried to thrust his ancient Kainan at his stomach, Noxx dodged and sliced the Pather’s arm off; then with another stroke, the Pather’s head fell from his shoulders. Two more Pathers came up and Noxx disappeared in a black blur. Tarn watched in amazement as a flurry of black movements engulfed both Pathers. Then Noxx appeared behind them both and came face to face with Azdor.

    Azdor trembled with rage, “You…you will not steal my glory again! I…” Azdor’s voice trailed off as he saw the two Pather’s behind Noxx lose their armor; their armor fell off of them in chunks cleanly sliced by Noxx’s flaming Kainan. The two Pathers looked at the armor around their feet and then they turned to attack Noxx with the ancient Kainans they still held.

    Azdor smiled, “You little fool! They still live!” He then laughed.

    Noxx glared at Azdor, “Keep watching…”

    As he said that, bloody lines appeared on the two Pather’s bodies; they groaned once and then both fell over dead.

    Azdor began to tremble with rage again and he screamed, “No!” Then he raised his Kainan over his head. He brought it down at Noxx fast as a bolt of lightning, but Noxx made no move. Noxx narrowed his eyes as the sword came closer and closer. Azdor smiled wildly when he hit Noxx. But Noxx’s image wavered and he smiled. Suddenly, Noxx disappeared and Azdor felt a horrible pain hit him in the chest. Then he saw Noxx’s face only a few inches in front of him. He looked down and saw Noxx’s Kainan buried up to the hilt in his chest.