Acolypse, The Seven, and Battle Again

Acolypse

    At Stonekeep, a frantic Adara had run out of her room and looked for a familiar face. But all she found was a nearly empty fortress. Where once there had been many Guardians, now were only a few here and there. She went to the Healing Chamber to see who was there and she found Laraell.

    Laraell looked up and said, “Adara? How did you get here? I thought you had been kidnapped!”

    Adara shook her head, “That’s a long story. But, right now I need to know where everyone is; where’s Garigh?”

    Laraell sighed and lowered her head, “They have all gone; except the students…” She said quietly, “…Acolypses had taken Telyn and held Celidan and Amna captive there. They left some time ago and none of us know what has happened.”

    “What are Acolypses?” Adara asked.

    “They are a dark and terrible cult that uses a form of magic that is evil in its technique. Young Wizards are absorbed so the old can gain new levels of power. It is foul and was rightfully banned by Telyn. Their powers are immense though and there are few on Veru who are capable of defeating them. We all fear the worst has happened at Telyn...”

    “Isn’t there anyway we can find out? I really have to talk to Garigh! Rychid has come back and he’s more powerful than he was before! Noxx tried to take him on by himself…I…” Adara saw Laraell look behind her, Adara turned and saw Eamonn there with a grim look on his face.

    “Eamonn?” Adara said, “Where…is…is he…”

    Eamonn looked down, “I do not know. I searched for him in the crater that Rychid made…but I found nothing. I…”

    “B-b-but that doesn’t mean he’s dead…” Adara could barely continue, “…does it?”

    “I just don’t know…” Eamonn raised his head, “…but I know where this knowledge can be found. Will you come with me? There are two of my race that I must speak with. There is much at stake here, Adara. More than anyone thought at first. An ancient feud is about to erupt again and nothing can stop it now.” Eamonn sighed and thought of what was coming he began to hear drums on the edge of his mind…war drums. He then thought of someone else he needed, he looked at Laraell, “Is Rifte still here?”

    Laraell nodded, “He is still with Sylva. He eats and sleeps there; we cannot get him to move.”

    Eamonn nodded, “I may be able to…” as he walked over to the stall Sylva and Rifte were in. He opened the curtain and saw them. Rifte sat in the chair watching Sylva sleep. He turned when he heard the curtain slide open. He was surprised to see Eamonn.

    “Eamonn, why are you here?” Rifte asked.

    “I need you to come with me. There are things you should now about yourself and your parents. Please come with me.” Eamonn asked.

    Rifte shook his head, “I can’t I have to…” He turned when he heard Sylva stir. She opened her eyes and yawned.

    She looked up at Eamonn and said, “Hello, Eamonn how are you today?”

    Eamonn tried to smile, “I…have had better days…how do you fare?”

    She ignored him and looked at Rifte, “Go with him.”

    Rifte was taken aback by that, “A-are you sure? I can stay…”

    She shook her head, “They need you out there. Bad things are happening and they need you. Go…I’ll be fine.”