Reinforcements and Anwar

Reinforcements

    At Telyn, the battle had grown more and more desperate. In the sky over Telyn, Seorus and Drannoth had dealt a bloody blow to the army of Acolypses; between the two of them they had slain many of the Acolypses and sent their bodies fluttering downward. They joined Celidan, Garl, and Okkan in the sky, but there still seemed to be so many of them. The remaining Wizards put themselves into a circle to concentrate their blasts together. They fired and fired, but there were so many Acolypses…so many. Every time they killed one, it seemed as if five more took their place. Matroclos hovered in the air and watched the battle around him. He smiled and began to laugh; there was so much death around him. He watched Seorus fight and knew he would have to drain that boy before the battle ended. He sent a telepathic message to the Acolypses, Bring me Seorus alive!

    Edras and Zhadozin had attacked one of the Pathers together, he was the one who wore Adran’s armor, but not even their combined strength was enough. Every attack they made was deflected after a while; all they could do was block his attacks. He pushed them both back with a swing of his Kainan blade and they both dodged him. They breathlessly watched him moving in to attack them again. They looked at each other and saw it in each other’s eyes that this was the end.

    Edras shook his head and screamed, “No! I will not let it end like this!” He then charged at the Pather, Edras had his sword out behind him as he came at the Pather. The Pather swung his Kainan at Edras, but Edras dodged him and then jumped on the blade. Edras jumped over the Pather and spun in the air so he would land on his feet. The Pather was about to turn and attack Edras, but Zhadozin charged him as his head was turned. Zhadozin braced his staff under his right arm and held it steady with his left. He hit the Pather in the stomach with his staff. The Pather doubled over in pain and Edras drove his Kainan deep into the Pather’s chest. The Pather looked down at the blade sticking through his chest. He fell to his knees and Edras quickly withdrew his blade and chopped of the Pathers head. The Pather fell forward. Zhadozin and Edras looked at the Pather and then at each other. They had achieved the only victory so far. They then looked to their right and saw four Guardians desperately trying to fight another Pather who was using two swords at once. Zhadozin and Edras ran over to them to try to help.

    In another part of the fourth tier, Johnan and Garigh had nearly been exhausted by their battle with Azdor. Neither of them could attack him, he was so fast that all they could do was try to defend themselves against his blows. All they could see were his cruel eyes staring at them from within the armor. Suddenly he came at them with more speed then either expected and he knocked them both backwards and they nearly fell, but they bounced back to their feet by flipping on their hands. They were quickly back on their feet, but they were separated by Azdor. Azdor narrowed his eyes and attacked Johnan. She tried desperately to defend herself, but he was too fast. One well placed thrust was all he needed. He thrust his blade at her head and she brought her blade up to protect her head, but then, like a bolt of lightning, his sword changed targets. She gasped as his sword struck deep into the middle of her chest. Azdor watched her eyes as he twisted the blade and yanked it out sideways, cutting through her chest. Her eyes became glassy and she dropped her Kainan blade; she fell backwards, she was dead before she hit the ground.

    Garigh screamed, “No!” as he saw Johnan fall. He was then surrounded by a green aura and his eyes began to glow with an intense emerald flame. He clenched his teeth and attacked Azdor. Azdor was driven back by Garigh’s intense attack. But Azdor still had the upper hand, he punched Garigh hard in the chest and knocked him back, Garigh watched in horror as his sword flew away from him. He landed in a crouch and was about to call his sword back when there was a loud sound in the sky.

    Garigh and Azdor both looked up and saw a large, sleek black airship above them. The ship had a long, thin black hull with a swelled section in the middle. The airship had no propellers or thrusters; it had only small vents on the bow, stern and middle. The whole ship was enclosed in the hull and no deck could be seen. Instead of cannons sticking out through gun doors, there were tiny turrets all over the airship.