Threefold Conflict, Aftermath, and Out of Many the Guardians

Chapter Twenty Six: Threefold Conflict

    Noxx charged; the Sansar smiled and brought his staff up to protect himself. Noxx swung his sword down on the Sansar’s staff and the Sansar was knocked back several inches and let out a grunt, Noxx was more powerful than he had expected. Then the Sansar began swinging first the wooden end, and then, the blade end, at Noxx. Noxx deflected all of his blows and then he stabbed at the Sansar’s chest but the Sansar dodged to his right and swung the blade end at Noxx’s head, Noxx ducked to avoid the blow.

    They began to circle each other in their fighting stances, and Noxx suddenly heard the Sansar’s voice in his head, “I feel the war that wages within you. You are ripped in three parts.”

    Noxx’s eyes went wide and he stood straight up and let his sword arm fall to his side, “How do you know that…” Noxx silently answered the voice in his head.

    The Sansar smiled and Noxx heard his voice in his head again, “You are unlike anyChosenin their entire history. No Chosen has ever wept for innocent life taken away, noChosenor Guardian has ever been of your Kodran race, and no Chosen has ever had Necro energy boiling inside of him. You are quite unique, Mister Noxx Bastion.”

    The words Kodran and Bastion echoed in his head like thunder, he screamed in his head, “Kodran! Bastion! W-what do they mean? Who are they?”

    The Sansar smiled and his voice spoke in Noxx’s head again, “You shall learn in time, but you must discover it for yourself. I only plant the seed. Now, finish this fight!” Then the Sansar charged at Noxx.

    Rellik was not watching their fight anymore; his whole attention was on finding the chest containing the Finding Stone. When he found it he smiled broadly and he began trying to pick the lock.

    Noxx raised his sword across his chest and waited for the Sansar’s attack. To Noxx’s surprise, he put the wooden side of his staff down on the ground and used it to vault himself over Noxx’s head. Noxx spun around as fast as he could and he saw the Sansar in the middle of landing. He waited for the Sansar to turn before he moved. The Sansar quickly turned and was surprised to see Noxx standing there, his every muscle tensed and his sword back in the beginning of a thrust. The Sansar smiled.

    Noxx yelled and drove his sword into the Sansar’s chest. The Sansar made no move to stop him. He fell to his knees and coughed up blood like all the others had and Noxx pulled his sword out. He watched in horror as the Sansar laid there so still, he had never seen so much death in his entire life. Tears welled up in his eyes again and he stumbled over to a wooden bin full of spears and he sat down with his back against the bin. He covered his face with his hands. 

    Rellik stood from the chest and walked over to the body of the Sansar and searched him. He found what he was looking for in one of the pockets in his shirt. It was a silver key with a blue stone in the middle of it; a Lenoran security device. The stone on the key was part of the stone in the lock and when the stones came together they would let the key turn. Rellik ran to the chest and put the key in the padlock.

    He held his breath as he heard a small click sound and he laughed loudly like a maniac when the key turned. He pulled the padlock off the chest and threw it behind him he quickly opened the chest. Inside was a blue velvet pad and on it was laying the Finding Stone. It was a long gemstone, nearly two inches long and its sides were smooth and the ends were cut in typical gemstone fashion. Rellik gingerly picked it up, nearly weeping at the beauty of the thing. He held it close like it was a child.

    Just then Seljan and the Uythank brothers came in. They had sick little smiles on their faces and in their eyes was a complete contentment; they had exhausted their lusts…for the time being. They all looked at Noxx with belittling eyes. Noxx returned their looks with one of his own; it was a look of intense rage and Noxx nearly jumped off the floor to attack all three of them. But, he knew he could not. He had no right to stand as their “righteous judge”. His look softened and he lowered his head again.