17. Bucket List

"This is Bree. Sorry i couldn't answer you, but you know the deal."
Beep
Zac ended the call. He threw his phone on his bed and scratched his head, stressed. It was the fifth time he was sent to voice mail. He was starting to get worried about Bree. Will he be able to even talk to her from now on? Zac decided that enough is enough.
He went downstairs and grabbed his skateboard that was next to the door. He went outside and locked the door. He grabbed his phone and called Andrew. He threw his skateboard on the ground and started heading to his destination. His phone rang three times and Andrew picked up.
"Yolo." He said chewing something, chips, to be specific.
"Call my mom and tell her that I went out." Zac said.
"Why do I always have to do the dirty work?" Andrew said, annoyed.
"Because, when you tell her where i'm headed, she won't complain." I explain.
"True." He says. "I got you."
"Thanks Drew." I say ending the call.
I skate 5 blocks and turn on the right street. I pass by three huge mansions on the left side of the street and stop at the fourth.
I walk up to the door and knock. I hear footsteps and behind the door I see Bree.
"Ugh." She says and shuts the door in my face.
"No, Bree." I knock again, louder this time.
"Go annoy someone else." She shouts from the other side of the door.
"Bree, you have to listen to me." I shout, still banging on the door.
"I talked to Cale." She says. "If you want me just to use me then you got another thing coming for you."
"I swear i'm not using you!" I shout. "It was just a misunderstanding!"
A few seconds pass and Bree finally opens the door.
"You have 3 minutes." She says.
I sigh. "Thank you." I say stepping in, but she stops me.
"You stay out here and explain." She says.
"Okay." I say stepping out. "So all the boys started asking me about you and i explained that we weren't exactly dating because i never asked you to be my girlfriend and you never asked me to be your boyfriend and then everybody started saying that i was using you because i was becoming popular for being with you and all that."
Bree leans against the door frame and looks up at Zac.
"You're right." She says. "We never officially became boyfriend and girlfriend."
"And i just want to know why you were so upset about it." Zac says.
"I guess I never had 'being rejected' and 'saving a boy I like from my ex' on the same day written on my bucket list." She laughs.
They both look into each others eyes and Zac blushes and looks away. Bree has never seen a boy do that before. She smiles and tries to meet his eyes again.
"So what is on your bucket list?" Zac asks.
"Well-"
An alarm goes off. Bree clicks a button on her watch and walks away from the door.
"Come in!" She shouts from the kitchen.
Zac steps in and puts his skateboard next to the shoe rack.
"Sorry, i have to take my pills every 30 minutes, remember?" Bree reaches up and grabs a pill bottle off the shelf.
"No worries." Zac says sitting on the island.
Bree grabs two pills and swallows them with some water.
"So, hows your symptoms coming along?" Bree says setting the glass down.
"I've been experiencing a lot of mood changes in the last couple of days." Zac says.
"Thats weird." Bree says. "The doctor didn't say that mood changes would be part of the symptoms."
"Yeah. Surprises me too." Zac said. "Anyways, Bucket List."
"Right." Bree says. "Well the first one used to be 'become a professional football player' but due to all this i'm gonna have to say 'live my life to the fullest."
"Thats a nice one." Zac says. "What are your top 5?"
"Hmm." Bree thinks for a while. "1) what I just said, 2) graduate college, 3) have a great job, 4) become the best at my job, and 5) Go to Paris."
"Why is Paris the last one?" Zac asks.
"Because its the one that i would most probably not be able to accomplish." Bree explained.
"You never know." Zac said giving him an idea.
"Right." Bree said sarcastically.
"Hmm, want to go on a date?" Zac asks.
Bree laughs. "Are you serious?"
"Yes, tomorrow night." Zac says with a serious tone.
"Alright, where?" Bree asks.
"My backyard at 6." He says. "I swear it will be romantic."
Bree laughs again. "Alright, i'll be there."

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I promise the next chapter will be longer!