22. Our Great Adventure

"We're here!" Bree yells as we pass next to a sign saying: Welcome to "The Enchanted Forest".

"Why did they name it 'Enchanted' Forest?" Is the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Many people get engaged in this Forest mostly because of its beautiful landscapes so the nickname 'Enchanted Forest' seemed to fit perfectly." Andrew interrupts explaining.

I let out a small laugh and keep looking out the window. Andrew was right. The forest was beautiful. All types of flowers were all around the forest. The trees looked as if they had been carefully painted by artists trying to get every last detail to perfection. I really wished I was into photography. This would've been a perfect landscape to capture.

"What? Zac is happy to be here?" Bree teases turning around to face me.

"Who was saying 'This is such a bad idea' a few hours ago?" Andrew adds.

"I might as well try and have a good time." I say. "We did travel for 6 hours straight."

Bree smiles and turns back around to see the path.

"So whats the plan?" Andrew asks. "You guys leaving for a walk for the whole day while I look for a hot girl?"

"What makes you think there will be hot girls?" Bree asks.

"Well, romantic stuff always happens in forests, right?" He say. "Maybe some girl came here looking for some romance."

"You're right." i say. "Maybe a girl came here to look for romance... with her boyfriend."

"Wow. You won't even give me a little hope?" Andrew says looking at me thru the rear view mirror.

I smile and keep looking outside. We travel deeper into the woods which takes us a couple of minutes. We stop in front of a camping site where a camping tent is already set up and big enough for the three of us.
Bree and Andrew get out and I follow them. Bree walks up to the tent and opens the zipper. Andrew opens the trunk and takes out two more backpacks other than the one Bree had, which was mine.

"Did you guys already come to set up the tent?" I say feeling left out, once again.

"No," Andrew says closing the trunk. "Maxon's college is close by so he came and set up the tent a few hours ago."

Maxon, Andrews older brother. He is a Junior in College and also a good friend of mine. You could basically say that he was my second best friend.

"I can't believe i've never heard of Maxon before." Bree says coming out of the tent. "Andrew showed me a picture of him and he's hot."

"Watch it." I say knowing she was playing but I still felt a little jealousy.

Bree laughs knowing the idea of her being with another guy killed me.

"Alright, love birds." Andrew says throwing the backpacks inside the tent. "I am going to take the car and go visit Maxon while you two take a walk and kiss or whatever."

"Why are you leaving the campgrounds?" I ask a little disappointed that Andrew would leave.

"Because," Andrew starts. "Anything is better that walking with you two at this point."

We both laugh and nod.

"Well then," Bree say taking a bow. "We'll be on our way and you''ll be on yours."

She takes one of the backpacks and signals me to follow her. I smile at her and start walking with her. My hands are in the pockets of my sweatpants.

"How could i think that you guys were going to beg me to stay." Andrew says mostly to himself.

We laugh as we both walk into the forest.