19. I Can't...

"Flight 201 to Paris will be leaving shortly. All the guest on plane 201 report to gate 10B at this time." The lady on the intercom says.

"Lets go." Zac says standing up and grabbing our luggage.

Bree grab her nike bag and follow him to the gate. She knows that girls usually bring their Gucci bag instead of a sports bag but the only thing close to a bag or a purse was an old worn t-shirt that she tried to make into a purse in her DIY phase.

Bree could see that a lot of people, college boys mostly, were checking her out. Either Zac didn't see them or he just chose to ignore them because he was looking straight to the lady checking the tickets.

Not like checking her out or anything. He was just observing how he checked all the plane tickets and all.

"You're nervous." I point out.
"What? No i'm not." He says defensively.
"Have you ever been on a plane before?"
"Not really. You."
"Many times." I say.

I hated small talk but so far it was the only thing we had to say to each other.

It was our turn to board the plane. We gave the tickets to the lady and walked down the hallway that led to the plane.

"Bree," Zac says before we got on the plane. "Could you hold my hand when the plane starts to fly."

"You mean lift off?" I ask.

He nods and I smile.

"Yeah, i can do that." I say which makes him smile.

We board the plane and sit down in our seats. It was around the middle, next to the right wing.

It takes 30 minutes for everyone to get on and for the pilot to be ready.
After they explain the safety tips and how to put on your seatbelt, the plane starts to take off.

"God don't kill me today, please." Zac says closing his eyes and squeezing my hand while the plane started to rise.

"Zac, we're flying now." I tell him once we weren't in touch with the ground.

"Really?" He says opening his eyes and looking out the widow. "Wow, the city gets smaller and smaller every minute."

I smile and rest my head on the seat. This was going to be a long ride.
. . .

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I ask Zac.

"Yeah, but I am not looking forward to doing this again." He says referring to when we go back home which was in two days.

We agreed to only stay here for a weekend because we needed to get ready for school.
School started in two weeks and we could not be any less prepared than we are, but we are procrastinators so we are the only ones to blame for that.

"Yeah," i say. "Should call a taxi?"

"Umm, no." He says. "I have someone that will be taking us around for the weekend."

"Who?" I ask.

"Well-"

"Zachary?" I hear a man voice say.

Huh, perfect timing, really.

Zac turns around and a man is standing around ten feet away from us.

Zac sighs. "Hi dad."

"You were serious." He says hiving him a hug. "I really didn't think you were serious when you asked me to come pick you up."

"Why? Because you haven't been around for 14 years and you don't know me enough to know either i'm joking or not?" He says trying to be rude.