7.west coast vibe

I couldn't sleep and the thought of what happened yesterday just kept buzzing in my head. Kenny was actually normal. Maybe he was just like that because it was Dylan's birthday , or maybe it's because his family was there. But it couldn't be, at least I don't think it was.

   My body was kinda sore today from all that jumpin and playing around I did . It was actually better than I thought. I thought Kenny was gonna be a Debby downer. He was actually cool. I got to meet and greet new people and figure him out. All I know is that he has a messed up family.

   Tired of just sitting in the dark. I looked over at my clock and it read 3:07. I snatched the covers off my small body and sat up. I stepped into my slippers and opened the door to my bedroom . I walked lightly passing aunt cams bedroom door and to the kitchen. I sighed in relief and turned on a small light. I grabbed me a apple from the refrigerator and a bottle of water. I closed the door and headed to my room when all of a sudden I hear a door shut. My heart beat increased scared at how many outcomes that could take place tonight.

  I could either run and tell aunt cam or be like the white people on the scary movies. But what if it's just the neighbors and they accidentally slammed the door a little harder then expected. Then I started to think back and try to remember if the door to the balcony was locked. Yes . Well I think it is. I'll take my chances lord . God please just let it be my brain over thinking things Jesus.

  I slowly walked passed aunt cams door and noticed the light in my room was in on. All of a sudden my breathing stopped. A big lump in my throat formed . Well I got 1 or two things. Go up in there and take who ever is in there out like a G ,or just scream and hope that people hear me and call for help.

     I slowly creeped upon my bedroom door and busted in there. My heart almost dropped when I saw Kenny's back facing me as he was seated on the edge of my bed. He didn't turn around or nothing. He's head was down and he was bent over with his hands between his legs.

"Kenny", I said softly . My heart was racing and I was scared for some reason.

No answer.

"Kenny", I said softly I took a few steps closer to him. I could hear him sniffle then my knees became weak. Did I just witness him ........cry?

I didn't say anything I just slowly walked up to him . I sat my things on the desk and sat next to him. Kind of awkward. Coming from some one who has only been positive to him when he has only been negative to me since the last month of me being here. Just today I witnessed a different person.

"You know ..... I used to cry when things got tough",I spoke finally.
"When my parents used to fight and when they got a divorce I thought that they were only thinking of themselves", I said kinda getting teary eyed. I spoke softly and quiet but enough for him to still comprehend what I was saying.

"But then I realized I wasn't alone when all I had was him", I said not speaking directly. God was my only friend when I thought no one had me . Not even me.

"Did it work", Kenny finally spoke after a few moments of silence. His voice was more like he just woke up then angry.

"Yeah", I finally answered . "It did.....and you know people fight but you have to stay strong not just for  your pride but for your satisfaction", I smiled and looked at him.

I smiled and sat back into my bed inviting him to lay with me. For some reason I don't know but I felt like this was needed. It felt right.

He stood up and I notice that he only had a pair of joggers and socks on. No shirt or shoes . He must've just woken up or something . He turned the light off and closed the door shut. He pulled the cover up and laid inside with me. He scooted over giving me space which was absolutely fine with me. I laid on my back as his back was faced to me.